Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

power drive booster E1 use with 2cr5 battery and charge time please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power drive booster E1 use with 2cr5 battery and charge time please.

I have a Canon 1N with the above power drive booster. In this is a ni-cad pack E1 9.6 battery cartridge.

Hope the questions make sense:

I have the correct E1 ni-cad battery charger: How long do I charge please?
    How many rolls can I shoot on one charge [estimate]?
    It has a switch on the side which allows to change from 2cr5 to the ni-cad battery. However with the drive fitted there is no room to put a battery in the camera. Am I missing something?

Is there another type of drive booster which has room for AA's and still allows room for 2cr5 battery?

Is the drive I have for sports/faster shooting?
    Thanks.

Re: power drive booster E1 use with 2cr5 battery and charge time please.

I also have an EOS 1n with Power Booster E1.

My E1 has the battery pack that takes 8 AA Alkaline batteries.
    As I don't have the ni-cad charger I am unable to answer those questions.
    With the AA battery pack I could shoot dozens of rolls of film before they needed replacing.
    The Camera 2CR5 battery and cover needs to be removed before the E1 booster can be fitted. Hopefully you have the cover stored safely?
    I am not aware of any other booster that also allows the standard camera battery to be fitted.
    The booster is for sports/wildlife and increases the shooting speed of the camera over the standard battery.

Hope that helps.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Thanks for reply.
      Found out as you stated that this grip is for sports and faster shooting 6fms.
      After about an hour of surfing and scratching found out there is another grip which allows the 2cr5 and AA's to be mounted. Supposedly AA's for normal shooting and the 2cr5 for when the weather is cold ! There is a switch on the grip which allows swopping over.
      The cahrgers are difficult to find but I have one [Canon] capable of charging two 9.6 batteries.
      Luckily I have the cover and another small grip for the 2cr5 when the lithium [ni-cad]runs out. Also found out will take about 30 rolls of film before needing recharge.

Comment

I have the booster grip for my EOS 3 8 fps i used for sports action football horse racing rugby superbike racing . i know for a fact i ran 35 rolls of 36 exs one weekend with NI HM in it.
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
        Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
        Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

Working...
        X