Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first post and my first photo with this lens Canon EF 100mm F2.8 L IS USM Macro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first post and my first photo with this lens Canon EF 100mm F2.8 L IS USM Macro

Hi this my first post took this in the garden today, just un-boxed the lens and snaped this
    Butterfly1.jpg

Canon 7d
    EF 100mm F2.8 L IS USM Macro
    f/2.8
    1/250 sec
    iso-100
    would be interested in what you all think?

Re: My first post and my first photo with this lens Canon EF 100mm F2.8 L IS USM Macr

Welcome to the forum.

The head is incredibly sharp but the wings and body are out of focus.
    A slightly different positioning and a slightly higher aperture (f/8) would bring the wings in to the picture.
    There is a 3-mode focus limiter on the lens, full, 0.5m to infin and 0.3m to 0.5m which need getting used to but very useful.
    Practice using the full-mode on the lens and then the other modes.
    This lens also has IS which is very effective for hand-held.

The 7D & 100mm f/2.8L IS lens are a great combo, I also have these.
    I'm looking forward to your next set of images, hopefuly the weather will remain kind.
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Re: My first post and my first photo with this lens Canon EF 100mm F2.8 L IS USM Macr

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post
      Welcome to the forum.

The head is incredibly sharp but the wings and body are out of focus.
      A slightly different positioning and a slightly higher aperture (f/8) would bring the wings in to the picture.
      There is a 3-mode focus limiter on the lens, full, 0.5m to infin and 0.3m to 0.5m which need getting used to but very useful.
      Practice using the full-mode on the lens and then the other modes.
      This lens also has IS which is very effective for hand-held.

The 7D & 100mm f/2.8L IS lens are a great combo, I also have these.
      I'm looking forward to your next set of images, hopefuly the weather will remain kind.
      Stephen said it very well.

Welcome to the Forum

Tom

Comment

Thanks Stephen, will certainly put your advice into practice over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ahirst1973 View Post
          Thanks Stephen, will certainly put your advice into practice over the weekend.
          Looking forward to your next batch.
          I have been in my back garden with the same set up this week.
          Here are a few (here), this is only a small spider less than 1cm in width.
          You can have some great fun with that lens.

flickr

Comment

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

Stephen's advice is very sound and I am sure you will be pleased with the results if you put them into practice.

Colin
            Colin

Comment

Hi
              Put Stephen's advice into practice, unfortunately my garden seams devoid of life today so I only could get this!

bee.jpg

Canon 7d
              EF 100mm F2.8 L IS USM Macro
              f/8
              1/200 sec
              Iso-100

Comment

my garden seams devoid of life today so I only could get this!
                That bee is very sharp, wings and all

flickr

Comment

Working...
                X