Online EOS Magazine Printing Difficulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online EOS Magazine Printing Difficulty

While viewing the magazine, I'm attempting to print multiple pages. I select the first page in a range, when I select a second page, the first page is de-selected. I have selected (left click of mouse) while holding down the "Ctrl" key and/or the "Shift" key. Niether or anyother method seems to make a difference. Consequently, pages must be printed one at a time even though the magazine screen page suggests multiple pages can be printed in one selection process. Is something broken? including me?
    Thanks.

Re: Online EOS Magazine Printing Difficulty

I've just had the following message from technical support at PageSuite (the company that hosts our digital editions):

"The ability to select multiple pages has been temporarily disabled due to maintenance, the updated feature will be released shortly and it should allow you to select multiple random pages for download or printing. Apologies for the inconvenience."
    Robert
    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
      I've just had the following message from technical support at PageSuite (the company that hosts our digital editions):

"The ability to select multiple pages has been temporarily disabled due to maintenance, the updated feature will be released shortly and it should allow you to select multiple random pages for download or printing. Apologies for the inconvenience."
      Hi Robert. How temporary is that to be as before I joined the forum I thought it was a blocked feature restricted to members, but as yet have never been able to use it and it still does not work!?

Comment

Originally posted by ian.vantagebank View Post
        Hi Robert. How temporary is that to be as before I joined the forum I thought it was a blocked feature restricted to members, but as yet have never been able to use it and it still does not work!?
        I'm not sure when the feature was restored, but it is working now. I have just checked and am able to print multiple pages. Let me know if you are still having problems.
        Robert
        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I'm not sure when the feature was restored, but it is working now. I have just checked and am able to print multiple pages. Let me know if you are still having problems.
          Hi Robert, Sorry I made the mistake of thinking printing and PDF downloads were on and the same. The multiple page print does work, but multiple PDF downloads do NOT. Can you shed any light on this? Single PDF pages are OK but NOT multiples. It just Hangs!

Comment

Hi Robert, Sorry I made the mistake of thinking printing and PDF downloads were on and the same. The multiple page print does work, but multiple PDF downloads do NOT. Can you shed any light on this? Single PDF pages are OK but NOT multiples. It just Hangs!

Again, it is working for me. With the current issue, selecting all the pages, it took a few seconds to process and then a minute or two to download the PDF.

Which issue are you selecting? If it is one that has not been downloaded previously, it might take longer to process.

Incidentally, I tested this with a personal subscription account, rather than from the administrator area.
            Robert
            robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Issue selected July-Sept 2012. Pages 46-51.
              The message "Your PDF is being prepared, please wait..." has been showing for at least 12 minutes.
              Have also tried select all, down load all, with exactly the same effect. (still waiting after 15 minutes)
              I have an edition based membership, having used only one of 8 editions paid for. I have elected not to take the paper based since I move between the UK and New Zealand every 6 months so postal copies would always be chasing me

Comment

Issue selected July-Sept 2012. Pages 46-51.
                I have just downloaded this article. The PDF was open on my computer within a few seconds of starting the process.

Which browser are you using? If it is Internet Explorer, can you try a different browser? I use Firefox.
                Robert
                robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I have just downloaded this article. The PDF was open on my computer within a few seconds of starting the process.

Which browser are you using? If it is Internet Explorer, can you try a different browser? I use Firefox.
                  I use Firefox and Adobe reader X. Have been using a Samsung net book, but also Just tried my desk top with Firefox.
                  Still no joy

Ian

Comment

OK, so you log-in to the digital editions and select the issue. Then click on the PDF icon to the left of the print icon on the edition menu bar. This displays all 84 pages for the selected issue.

Now click the individual pages you want to download (unless you want to download all the pages, in which case you can click the 'Select all' button). Selected pages will have an orange-yellow border. Click the 'Download selected' (or 'Download all') button.

You should see the message 'Your PDF request is being prepared'. Click on the underlined 'here' in the line 'Click here to open the download page'.

You should then see a new message saying 'Your PDF is being prepared', shortly followed by 'Your PDF is ready'. Click on the code to the right of this to download the PDF to your computer. The PDF will probably open automatically (depending on the configuration of Acrobat on your computer).

Does this help?
                    Robert
                    robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Loading, please wait...
                      PDF Download
                      EOS magazine

Yes you have described exactly right up to the download page being open with the following:-
                      Jul-Sep 2012

Pages 32 to 37

Your PDF is being prepared, please wait...

That is as far as it goes! Have only got further when downloading a single page.

Ian

Comment

Sorry - I'm not sure what else I can suggest. It is difficult to solve a problem when I can't replicate it.

Can anyone else comment on whether they have been successful - or unsuccessful - in downloading multiple pages?
                        Robert
                        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Sorry - I'm not sure what else I can suggest. It is difficult to solve a problem when I can't replicate it.

Can anyone else comment on whether they have been successful - or unsuccessful - in downloading multiple pages?
                          Actually, Robert. It's gotten worse. When I just tried to get to the magazine log in location, I got a "resource can't be found" error. This occurs regardless of how I try to get the online mags. I'd say you have another issue.

Comment

Originally posted by tloewenberg View Post
                            Actually, Robert. It's gotten worse. When I just tried to get to the magazine log in location, I got a "resource can't be found" error. This occurs regardless of how I try to get the online mags. I'd say you have another issue.
                            No, it's just unscheduled maintainance work by the company which hosts our digital editions. Access should be back to normal soon.
                            Robert
                            robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

No, it's just unscheduled maintenance work by the company which hosts our digital editions. Access should be back to normal soon.
                              Unscheduled it may be but some one has taken an interest in our discussion i think. Now when i try to open a PDF whether single or multiple pages it stops at the message "click here to open download page" does not open the page of the browser. Other functions of the reader are OK including print.

Ian

Comment

Working...
                              X