Error: "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been getting this error. First noticed yesterday when I tried to post some pictures from Southport Airshow.

Service Temporarily Unavailable
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Small posts appear to be okay.

I've was trying as well before posting some photos as well 11:30 and still getting error message.
    EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Comment

Re: Error: "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable"

How many images are you trying to include in the post.

Are you tryng to upload to a forum album, or via links to another site (such as Flickr or Photobucket)?
      Robert
      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

i tried uploading two from flickr and then thought i'd try just one and still getting error message, but i did upload one before and then tried again but with no joy
        EOS 60d, EF50mm 1.8, EF-S18-55mm 3.5-5.6, EF 28-90mm 4-5.6, EF-S 55-250mm 4-5.6 IS, Sigma 10-20mm 3.5 EX DC HSM
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongoodger/

Comment

OK. It seems to be an intermittent problem, which is always difficult to resolve.

I have checked the server stats and activity is normal, with plenty of storage space and unlimited traffic. No errors are reported.

I will follow this up, but suspect that the problem will go away in the meantime.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems? Feedback is always welcome.
          Robert
          robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Hi all, if it happens again can you please go to: Down for Everyone or Just Me: http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ ? Then put in eos-magazine-forum.com and see if it's listing as down for everyone.

A 503 error means there's a connection problem between your computer and the server, sometimes a few ISPs have issues with random server clusters around the world (I find Virgin rather frustrating for this!) and can cause a 503 - no communication error.

A 503 can also mean the server is down or over loaded and giving a slow response time and eventually gives up. That's why I'm after info from the Down for Everyone or Just Me site.

Also when using the Flickr site you are just pasting the "Grab the HTML/BBCode" and using the BBcode or are you getting the forum to upload the image as an attachment?

The BBCode puts less stress on the server when posting, but doesn't attach the image here, instead creates a clickable image in the post such as: http://www.eos-magazine-forum.com/sh...burgh-Scotland

---
            I'm new to flickr and I'm sure everyone here knows that already, but just wanted to check.

Any more information will help get this sorted.

regards
            Gav.
            Sorry I've not been around much. Sadly the ankle surgery and carpal tunnel surgery have both been unsuccessful, so have to wait and see what happens next. I hope to be shooting a lot more in the future!

Twitter: @PicturesqueScot

Comment

I'm still getting the problem ... so no Airshow photos from yesterday and there will no photos from todays walk.

I create the text off-forum, using [IMG] tags the enclose the http link to my Flickr object. Worked this way for ages without a problem.

Robert - I nearly always include 6 (never more) such [IMG] tags.

Gav - I need to check out that site before I use it.
              Last edited by MX5; 09-09-2012, 20:58.

Comment

it definitely sounds like a time out issue, but I'm not sure why. It's very odd!

No problems about checking out a site, better to be safe than sorry. It's a site that tests if a site is up or down, but as it seems only to happen when you're posting longer posts there must be a communication error somewhere and it wouldn't give much helpful information.

Just wondering does it happen more on weekends and/or after 6pm on week nights? I know BT drop connection times during these periods and I'd guess others would too.

Off to bed, but will look into it more tomorrow.

Hopefully get to the bottom of it.

Regards
                Gav.
                Sorry I've not been around much. Sadly the ankle surgery and carpal tunnel surgery have both been unsuccessful, so have to wait and see what happens next. I hope to be shooting a lot more in the future!

Comment

I'm getting the same thing when trying to link to Flickr...
                  Mike

Canon 1D MKIV, Canon 7D, Canon EF300 F2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Mk II, Canon 17-55 IS, Canon EF100 F2.8, Canon 1.4 TC MKIII, 580 ex flashgun - yongnuo yn-565ex

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Mike do you do the same thing? Create he post first in text and then post?

Just wondering about time out errors.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigav View Post
                      Mike do you do the same thing? Create he post first in text and then post?

Just wondering about time out errors.
                      Yes, I also noticed that if I remove the flickr code to embed the images and just post text it does work.
                      Mike

Canon 1D MKIV, Canon 7D, Canon EF300 F2.8, Canon 70-200 2.8 IS Mk II, Canon 17-55 IS, Canon EF100 F2.8, Canon 1.4 TC MKIII, 580 ex flashgun - yongnuo yn-565ex

www.MGSportsImages.co.uk

Comment

Tried to send 6 images of Bass Rock Gannets yesterday at 16.00, again at 22.00 and again at 09.00 today. Same message as above on each occasion. Gradually reduced file size by deleting images still had same response. Now have deleted whole post. Is not affecting ability to access this page. Hopefully gannets to follow soon.

C Hawkes
                        Canon EOS 7D, Canon 30D, EF 400 5.6L USM, Sigma 50mm f1.4 DG HSM, EF 17-40mm 1:4L USM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6L IS,

Comment

Originally posted by CHawkes View Post
                          Tried to send 6 images of Bass Rock Gannets yesterday at 16.00, again at 22.00 and again at 09.00 today. Same message as above on each occasion. Gradually reduced file size by deleting images still had same response. Now have deleted whole post. Is not affecting ability to access this page. Hopefully gannets to follow soon.

C Hawkes
                          Can you send me your text and links from the attempted post as an e-mail (e-mail address below)?
                          Robert
                          robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

I have tried to post 3 pictures tonight and am also getting the same error message, this is the first time I have had this message when trying to post. I am uploading my images from photobucket.

Colin

Comment

I have had the same issue all this evening, trying to post three Flckr pictures using BB code. I have tried in the office, via my phone (as a hotspot) and at home. A great shame.

Richard
                              Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Working...
                              X