"Professional" monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Professional" monitor?

Does any Forum member use a "professional" monitor? Is it worth extra cost?

Re: "Professional" monitor?

It depends what you need it for. For top end professional work, where colour accuracy is critical, and your business depends on it, then go for the best equipment you can afford or justify. If you are an enthusiastic amateur, who maybe sells prints as a hobby, thats a different matter. As a basic start point, check your existing monitor for colour variation by viewing it from a side angle, and then moving across the front to the other side. If the colour changes as you move round, then the colour you see in your image will be affected by the angle you're sitting at when editing, and so an upgrade would be worthwhile. I checked this out early last year and my standard Dell 19 inch monitor had a huge variation in colours. I upgraded to a Dell U2311H which is much sharper, and also uses IPS technolgy which delivers a consistent colour at all angles. You can get this or similar for around £200. Its also worthwhile investing in a calibration device like the Datacolour Spyder so that the colours on screen are accurate and, with a proper colour workflow, should ensure that these match any prints.

Comment

Working...
    X