• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a Fly

Taken in the Garden,testing Macro Lens

Canon Eos 7D 100mm f2.8L

1/500 f2.8 ISO640

Alan
    Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Re: Just a Fly

Ugly mothers aren't they?

It's a common housefly methinks but they don't look like that when I chase them with a rolled up newspaper...
    The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Methinks you done well if thats youre first attempt. If you have seen my macro stuff, you will see that you have to nail focus on the eye. Use youre scroll wheel to move the focus point about. Also you could of probably lowered the speed down abit and got a greater DOF..bigger f stop. Dont give up, but its all about practice, practice, practice. Once you have nailed a few then you can start using the flash. May I suggest planting a few plants in pots that bees and hovers like, on your patio, if you have one - then you can sit down with a cold beer, and shoot till youre blue in the face! Well done

Have a look here. This was on a sedum (Ice Plant)

Im no expert, but you want to get spot on focus, otherwise its not very forgiving
      Last edited by hhcanon; 01-10-2012, 21:19.

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Think you have done really well with this one (agree about the focus point - but we can't always nail it)

.DAVID.
          Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Good capture as I don't imagine it sat there long posing for you!!

Take note of Robin's point and others about focus though, not that I am any expert of course but I do believe in this genre of photography, getting the eyes or eye in sharp focus is the most critical of all.

Worth having a look at Robin's Bee, I remember that well, and some of Davids previous shots have been superb.

I must get myself a Macro Lens!!!, now where is SWMBO's Purse???

Regards Paul

Comment

Nice shot Alan.
              EOS 7D, EOS 600D, EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II , EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM

Comment

Just a Fly

Tom

Comment

Working...
                X