Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mk 4

Hello all you rich people,

Has anyone got hold of the 1d mk4 yet? whats the outcome?

Cheers Steve

Re: Mk 4

Not out till December, there are a few beta copies out with some very lucky Pro's for testing/trialling
    All the best
    Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

Check out DPReview's initial report here...

Along with Canon's white-paper here...
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Have you read this report from a real world use of the 1D MkIV pre-release body:
        http://jeffascough.typepad.com/jeff_...a-wedding.html

Comment

I have played with one at a Canon Pro day. The CF card door was taped up, as it was technically a pre- production body, but everything that I could check was very encouraging.

First deliveries are just over a week away, so first reports and reviews of actual production bodies should be around the same time.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

It looks like its going to be a good one; think i better start saving!

Cheers
            Steve

Comment

I think I’ll wait for the Mk.V which will probably include a mobile phone, loads of games and a Sky satellite dish.

Comment

Originally posted by Ems View Post
                I think I’ll wait for the Mk.V which will probably include a mobile phone, loads of games and a Sky satellite dish.
                Surely that will be designated the 1D PSP?
                ef-r

Comment

As i replied on another thread, if i can sell my 1D mkIIN then i will think seriously about this mkIV, or i have to wait long until the price goes down and i can save for it.

Comment

I have had my Mk4 for about 4 weeks now. So far i am really pleased. Unlike the mark 3 it shoots straight out of the box. Not that i found any problems with the mk3 a great camera once set up. For indoor equine events the camera performed well. High ISO was not a problem. Images could be printed without any post processing and sold. Just what event photographers need.

Comment

Here my Mark 4 with available lens,

Please let me know which lens you would like to see with the Mark 4 and I will give you feed back on the outcome
                      My Canon Gears: 1DX, 1DIV, 5DIII, 5DII, 60D, 200mm F/2L IS USM, 70-200mm F/2.8L IS II USM, 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, 85mm F/1.2L II USM, 135mm F/2L USM, 24-105mm F/4L IS USM, 2 x 580EXII Flash, Canon ST-E2, Canon SB-E2 bracket, ELINCHROM, B+W Filters.

Comment

I just thought I'd give this thread a bump so people could say how they are getting on with theirs.

I've had mine for about a month now, but have had few chances to use it. I also have only two lenses I can use with it, 300F4 and 100-400.

Even so, the image quality knocks my 7D into a cocked hat in terms of sharpness and detail.

I am not quite so sure about the ergonomics of it - maybe it is because I am more used to the 7D.
                        Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Another bump!

A week ago I traded my 1D Mark III for a well used 1D Mark IV (from T4 Cameras at Witney) showing some loss of paint, but at least the body covering hasn't started to peel off. (I think the trade call this "Excellent".) I've spent the last few days optimising the AF MA settings for my long lenses, and have been down at the local pond so that the settings reflect my most common subjects - waterfowl. Overall, I'm pleased, and the 10fps has had quite a bit of use. So far, I've left the AF CFns on their defaults, and the camera has tracked birds in flight to a reasonable standard.

I've attached one reduced size image showing the intricacies of a duck's wings. This was shot with my EF 300 F2.8L IS - without an extender. AIServo, 1/2000s at F/5.6, ISO 200 and one of a sequence shot at 10fps.

Mallard having a flap

My Mark IV doesn't like overly blue lighting from a clear blue sky when the sun is very low in the sky, and until I changed the WB to shade from AWB, the results were horrible.

Overall, I'm happy so far.
                          M Stewart
                          Milton Keynes, UK

Comment

If you're happy with it so far, wait till you customise the CF's for your shooting. If my experience is anything to go by, it will be a noticeable improvement.

Colin
                            Colin

Comment

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your encouragement.

I certainly appreciate the extra pixels as compared to the Mark III, and once I'm happy with the lens/body AF calibration (which I'm doing at a local pond), I'll probably visit one of the WWT reserves so as to have plenty of birds as targets. The other aspect I must check out is how well the Mark IV does against runners. I've made good use of the Milton Keynes Parkrun guys in the past.
                              M Stewart
                              Milton Keynes, UK

Comment

Working...
                              X