Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A High ISO Christmas: The clocks go back and the goose is getting fat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A High ISO Christmas: The clocks go back and the goose is getting fat...

Taken in a photowalk (on my own) in London last night...

Just off St Martin's Lane by RCARCARCA, on Flickr

EXIF: 5Diii, 24-105 @ 50mm, 1/40 sec, f5.0, ISO3200

Covent Garden by RCARCARCA, on Flickr

EXIF: as above, except 65mm, 1/13 sec

The Actors' church by RCARCARCA, on Flickr

EXIF: as above, except 28mm, 1/10 sec.

All handheld

Its a bit early to wish you a happy high ISO Christmas, but the shops are determined! Actually, the first shot had nothing Christmassy about it, apart from the feel...

Richard
    Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Re: A High ISO Christmas: The clocks go back and the goose is getting fat...

Nice series of images

Tom

Comment

I'd be happy if my 7D did high ISO as well as your 5Diii
      The first one is my favourite, the wet pavements make it special.

Dave
      www.trikietowers.com

Comment

Nice set of pictures. The second one is a load of balls of course, I mean Baubles.
        Cheers
        Treff

Comment

Nice, first two are beauts
          Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
          Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Hi rcarca, I think they are very nice at quite a high ISO, Like #1 best, it appears to be under cover yet there seems a lot of water underfoot, but that actually helps the picture with mood, what were your WB settings ?

Ray

Comment

Great looking pics even if i'm a bit old fashioned & don't agree with Christmas in November, looks like Covent Garden.....would I be right ????

Comment

Hey Guys, thanks for all your comments.

Tom, Treff and Les - thanks for your kind comments.

Dave - I still love my 7D but the 5Diii creams it in high ISO!

Graham - no more do I approve of Christmas in October and November! But I now have a photograph or 2 for Christmas cards!!! And yes, Covent Garden!

Best

Richard

Comment

I have tweaked the first one to straighten the verticals. Does this improve it?

2Y2A1153.jpg by RCARCARCA, on Flickr

Thanks

Richard

Comment

Working...
                  X