• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: North Yorks Railway

Very nice indeed
    ef-r

Comment

I like all these Mark but just don't see the fascination and trend to convert to mono.
      Would you photograph the "Mallard" or "Flying Scotsman" in mono?
      (just my mono vs colour whinge, sorry)

All are very nice, very nice indeed
      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

It is nostalgia Stephen ... were we back pre-groupings, pre-nationalisation or before the Dr Beeching Axe or indeed that very sad day 4th August 1968 many of us will have taken pictures using Kodak or Ilford B&W stock (okay not forgetting Agfa, Orwo ...). Colour was still quite expensive for snapping trains, 'planes and such like.

But I must agree that I prefer contemporary photos to normally be in colour ... although I don't mind B&W if it works IMHO (Stan's Lloyd's for example)

Anyway nice photos of one of my favourite preservation lines ... the NYMR.

Comment

Very very very nice set of shots.

Steve
          EOS 400D, EOS 40D, EOS 7D
          EF 24-105L F4 IS, EF 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS, EF 50mm MK11

Comment

Once again many thanks for the kind comments, it spurs me on to get out there and take photos.

Every image I take is in colour and raw, yes it’s a lot easier nower days to click a button and hey presto it’s black and white. I have no fascination but I do prefer a good B&W image, everything we see is in colour, and to me, to be able to look at a scene and see beyond that is a bonus. I did go for the “nostalgia” but that’s me and the love of steam. If I took a photo of the “mallard” “flying Scotsman” or even a brand new “Ferrari”, if I thought it would look better in B&W I would convert it. Don’t get me wrong I love colour, just look at “ferrybridge take 2”, I purposely went out to capture the potential of early morning light.
            This is NOT a whinge at you Stephen, you have your views and i respect you for that, at the end of the day that’s why we post our images on here. To me this set of images look far better in B&W than they do in colour

Regards Mark.

Comment

Working...
            X