1d mk3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1d mk3

As the new Mk 4 is so expensive, and I'm not interested in video, I' m thinking of upgrading to the Mk3 while they are still available. Did Canon sort all the early focusing problems? Glad of any views on the Mk 3.
    David

Re: 1d mk3

I understand that Jessops are getting rid of their stock ones for £1,999 and second hand ones are going for around £1,500.

Although I have a Mark IV on order, my MK III was the best camera I had ever used. It won't shoot straight from the box and needs the custom functions setting up carefully for your use, to get the best from it. Lenses also benefit from micro adjust ..... tedious, but well worth doing.

I am keeping my MK III as a back-up body and it will continue to get plenty of use as I often use two bodies, with different lenses.

If you do get one, make sure it has firmware 1.2.5 installed, then you can be sure it has been checked, if not, it is a free upgrade from Canon.

Good luck

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Many thanks, it reassured me and I have a friend who also speaks highly of it.

Comment

I own a MkIIN now. I'm thinking of upgrading to the MkIII. I heard that altough all hard- and software update's the autofocus tracking is not that accurate. I take rally photographs and have to depend on the autofocus in AI Serve mode. Especially in low lights. Is it worth is to upgrade or is it better to search for another MkIIN in mind condition.
        Greetings,
        Edwin
        EOS-1D MkIIN / 24-70L f2.8 / 70-200L f2.8 / Ext. 2x II / 580EX

Comment

You'll love the Mark III or you liked the Mark IIN

Comment

I upgraded to the EOS 1D MK III a short while ago, and thought the focus tracking was terrible.That was until i found out it was the lens and not the camera at fault (sigma 120-300f2.8 dg ex os back at Sigma uk awaiting fix )When used with EF 200mm it has work superbly and now i have full confidence when using this camera to get sharp fast moving images.Latest firmware is 1.3.0.I find the images straight out of the camera are wonderfully clean and crisp though a little soft on upload(raw file) sharpen up in DPP beautifully.. Serial No below 54**** could have mirror problems But as Colin C said its a free fix, those with Serial No 55**** or above should be fine and only need the firmware update if its not already been done.
            Hope this helps.

Paul
            EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
            Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Hi
              Comments about the 111d are all true - an excellent camera once you get to know it. I've also got a 1ds iii, but the 1d iii is equally as good, if you ignore the smaller file sizes. I use mine as a 'go anywhere' body so it's always in the car 'just in case'. Take a bit of time to set it up to your own preferences and you'll love it. My mint example, with latest software, boxed with all the goodies and a service receipt from Canon giving actuations as only 20,000 cost £1275. A bargain.

Roger

Comment

I have a 1DIII surplus to requirements (1DIV backed up with a 7D now current bodies).

I had no issues with the III at all - even before the mirror fix, a great camera.

Now the classifieds have gone, any recommendations as to where I should advertise ?
                www.imagessouthwest.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Janner View Post
                  Now the classifieds have gone, any recommendations as to where I should advertise ?
                  The classifieds are back. See:
                  Robert
                  robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

OK Robert

Thanks
                    www.imagessouthwest.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X