Cokin colour cast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cokin colour cast.

When I use my Cokin ND grad and graduated ND's I tend to get a purplish/pinkish colour cast to my photo's.
    This is especially evident when I double up on filters.
    I usually shoot in Raw + jpeg. I have lightroom 4, DPP and an ancient version of Photoshop.

What do other people do to get over this, either in camera or in post production?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Cokin colour cast.

I have the Cokin ND Grads and if used by themselves then I have had no problem with the magenta cast but like you if I "double" them then the magenta cast appears.
    I have used CS5 to try to remove the magenta cast sometimes successfully sometimes not, but my PS Skills are not all that strong.

In LR have you tried the gradient tool using cyan which may "override" the magenta cast?

I am now trying desperately to save some cash for a Lee Big Stopper which should solve the problem.
    My Christmas wish list has Amazon vouchers on it and nothing else, particularly NO socks, so with these and some cash I have my fingers crossed.
    Last edited by djguk47; 21-11-2012, 11:26.
    David

Comment

Thanks for the answer David.
      I'm fairly new to lightroom so I'll have a look at that tonight.
      I've done some research and Kood filters have come up as a cheapish filter with far less of a colour cast. So I might them.
      Good luck with the christmas wish and your big stopper acquisition.

Comment

I use a colour balance layer in photoshop to sort any colour casts.

John

Comment

Hello there,

Just thought I'd give my tip which is quite simple. I simply set a custom white balance in camera which sorts out all my problems.
          Hope this helps.

Sara W.

Comment

Thanks guys, sorry for the (very) late reply.
            I've changed the white balance in LR4 and everything good.
            Bit of a 'doh' moment.
            Cheers
            Andy

Comment

Working...
            X