Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miranda Tripods?

Hi
    I've managed to loose my quick release plate from my Miranda Tripod, any idea where I can get another one from?

Anyone know who makes or sells Miranda tripods?
    Thanks

Re: Miranda Tripods?

I seem to recall that Miranda were a Dixons own brand. That was many years ago, so you are unlikely to get a replacement now.

However, Dixons never made cameras or tripods, so they were a re-brand from another manufacturer ..... probably Velbon or Slik. Why not check our your local Jessops, or local camera shop and see if any other makes match the Miranda quick release plate.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

The Miranda Camera Co. manufactured cameras and accessories between about 1953 and 1978. They were distributed in the UK by Mayfair Photographic Suppliers, who I think were part of the Photopia Group, which merged with Johnsons of Hendon to become Johnsons Photopia.

ColinC is right that the Miranda name was later acquired by Dixons, who marketed products sourced from other suppliers.

I've read that the plate from a Cullmann tripod will fit, but have not been able to confirm this. A friendly photo dealer might let you try one out if you take your Miranda tripod along.
      Last edited by Robert Scott; 06-12-2009, 10:25.
      Robert
      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Thanks guys.
        Now has anyone got a Cullmann tripod plate I could borrow please?

Comment

I have found this site that has various adapters, but for the price of them I think I would be buying a new tripod. Both Manfrotto and Gitzo have some very competitive deals at the moment.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

TY Colin

BTW Does anyone on here work for Currys or Dixons?

Comment

I have two Miranda tripods in the loft. Both unused.
              Ideal for use with flash guns.

PM me
              Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
              Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Working...
              X