Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few boats

Hi folks

Took a cycle down with my wife to just outside the marina today, and took some images. I felt the light was a bit harsh but hope it didn't spoil my images too much.

1. Yacht coming into the marina, Canon 7d, 70-200mm f4, 1.4 extender. 1/800 sec; f/5.6; ISO 100

2. I call this one ripples, due to the water. Canon 7d, 70-200mm f4, 1.4 extender. 1/500 sec; f/8; ISO 100

3. Another Yacht. Canon 7d, 18-135mm lens. 1/320 sec; f/10; ISO 100

4. Small speedboat. Canon 7d, 18-135mm lens. 1/400 sec; f/9; ISO 100

5. Young fishermen. Canon 7d, 18-135mm lens. 1/100 sec; f/8; ISO 100

Can someone confirm if it's ok to post the last image of the young boys fishing? Child protection issues? Anyway they spent a couple of hours trying to fish with a twig and some fishing line. My wife found it so cute, and the fact that you don't see to much of that in young boys these days.

And of course as always, all CC's very welcome.

John
    Last edited by John27; 24-11-2012, 17:44. Reason: Duplicate image

Re: A few boats

The yacht's are rather nice (well I do have a soft spot for such vessels). Actually I have read a lot of negative stuff about the 18-135 (but I always take such with a large bucket of salt) but these counter that.

Are 1 and 4 the same ?

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
      The yacht's are rather nice (well I do have a soft spot for such vessels). Actually I have read a lot of negative stuff about the 18-135 (but I always take such with a large bucket of salt) but these counter that.

Are 1 and 4 the same ?
      Yes they were lol oops, sorted now thanks for pointing it out Oh and thanks for the comment.

John

Comment

All are interesting John in different ways, 2,3 and 5 for me with 2 just shading it, I like the town in the background and as you say the ripples really add to it.

Regards Paul

Comment

A few boats

Hi John, very nice series of images. It I had to choose a favorite, then the first image, like the good depth of field and how you lined up the 2 yachts to form a gentle S to lead the eye into the shot. I also like the last image of the 2 young lads fishing.

Tom

Comment

I'm another one that likes the boys fishing. Great shot, evoking some memories.

Also like the boat shots, have you thought about taking the photo to the yacht owner? I bet some haven't got a photo of their boats out at sea.
            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

It's the last image I like best and there is no problem with taking pictures of children. Taking inappropriate pictures is another matter altogether.
              Colin

Comment

You can take photographs of virtually anything and anybody in a public place.
                There is nothing wrong with that last image, in fact I like it alot. It reminds me of myself starting out fishing a few (well many) years ago.
                A great set
                Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Thank you, Paul, Tom, Di, Colin and Stephen for the kind and helpful comments. Di I had thought of offering images to owners of boats, but my Spanish is very bad, oh and I'm a tad lazy lol And thanks for clearing up my concerns about the last image, it reminded me too of my early attempts at fishing.

John

Comment

What a sad state of affairs when as photogs we have to asked if a perfectly innocent photo is ok to post. Living by the sea this is a scene I see most days in the summer. Great shot John rekindleing old memories.

Chris
                    Yesterday is history - Tomorrow is a mystery - Today is a gift that's why it's called the present.

Comment

Originally posted by deefadog View Post
                      What a sad state of affairs when as photogs we have to asked if a perfectly innocent photo is ok to post. Living by the sea this is a scene I see most days in the summer. Great shot John rekindleing old memories.

Chris
                      I know what you mean Chris, but as I wasn't sure on the subject, I thought I'd ask the question.

Thanks for the kind comment

John

Comment

Working...
                      X