My Image Garden and Cannon DPP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Image Garden and Cannon DPP

Supports have now said (as I asked them to reply what I asked not something totally different) that my query re the dropping of plug in printing has been passed up the line.
    I would think there is something setup differently with the plug compared to print. My wife has taken to loading jpg’s into DPP (cropping in it as we use A4) and using the plug in printing. We are using an old MP630 for occasional photo/colour/scan work with a laser for the vast majority of work. That’s why I felt a better colour printer for the occasional print would be better but the amount of use doesn’t warrant an A3 printer (let alone that we don’t have the space for it!). But the current stupidity will mean why Canon, just look for the best A4 printer as the interconnection to DPP will be lost.

Comment

Well we would be interested in their thoughts.

But I think they'll say MIG is a standalone consumer printing tool (I guess there's a wrong assumption that 'consumers' don't do printing via DPP or Plugins ... even though the plug-in works in Photoshop). One does wonder what thought processes these large organizations sometimes go through (sez he who works for a very large multinational ...sadly not Canon UK).

Comment

I have had a reply.
        They say no new printers come with easy photo.
        But some may work with it so have asked which printer I am looking at.
        I have pointed out this is very much an own goal by Canon to assume those using RAW/DPP will be outputting to an A3 printer.
        It will be interesting to see if the PIXMA iP7250 will work with easy (or pro) photo, and even more interesting if its recognised what an error this all is.
        Last edited by John7; 13-12-2012, 22:31.

Comment

Thanks for the update. All very odd on Canon's behalf although I still think its something to do the 'pro' lineage and 'consumer' lineages ... a bit like making L lens not fit x00D and x000D DSLR's

Comment

Well I don’t think I will ever get a reply from them now. It looks as if the comments I have seen on how appalling Canon support is are true. I have has queries over (since replying to them) two (non photographic) products and the support for both has been both fast and very good (I may not have entirely liked what the result was but they did deal with the issues and I got a result). Regrettably my son and wife are both very smug having Sony equipment!
            Last edited by John7; 18-01-2013, 23:12.

Comment

Working...
            X