British Swimming wear it pink video shot on Cannon 550d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Swimming wear it pink video shot on Cannon 550d

Having declared that my primary interest is video and i am looking to improve my photography i received a few messages asking i post some of my work..

Below is a link to a video i shot for British Amateur Swimming(BAS).

Every year BAS raise money for Breast cancer awareness, this year they have produced a calendar featuring Swimmers from the Olympics and Paralympic teams.

This is all done at low cost and we all gave our time for free. The idea behind the video was to use it as a promotional piece to raise awareness of the calendar and increase sales, in essence its a behind the scenes video teaser, with interviews and some time lapse... I shot on my Cannon 550d (T2i) and edited in final cut.. start to finish i had the video live on You Tube in four days.

For me the 550d has a number of advantages over traditional video cameras and particulay in this enviroment where, as you will see the atheletes we in almost a full state of undress.

1. the image quality is superb
    2. the camera depth of fiels gives a unique perspecive and allows you to lead the viewer
    3. The camera is unobtrusive and as such i was able to blend in and keep teh atheletes at ease
    4. The file based system and latidude means that i can pull detail from shadows and colour grade the images far better than most video cameras.

Find out what went on during the British Swimming Wear It Pink 2013 calendar shoot with some of the stars of British Swimming, raising money for Breast Cance...

Hope you like it

Re: British Swimming wear it pink video shot on Cannon 550d

Very interesting, might tempt a few EOS users to shoot some video for the first time! Quality seems very good!

Papa.

Comment

Nice job.

Tom

Comment

Good quality video
        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Very good quality and professional video.

Well done to you and your colleagues for supporting the cause in such a way.

Regards Paul

Comment

Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

Very good. Well done.

Dave
              www.microwyred.co.uk

Comment

Working...