Lightroom 4.....Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lightroom 4.....Is it worth it?

My feeling about LR4 is that if you are a straightforward photographer and are reasonably competent, then this program is nearly all you need. I never want to manipulate my images and instead use the software to correct things that the camera couldn't achieve or to make up for my lack of ability. The library is perfect for my needs and the develop module is so easy to use. The best part of LR4 is that everything is on the same page, nothing is hidden under menus or behind strange looking icons.
    I occasionally use Elements 9 to combine photos, or for Panos. My pleasure is hunting. Hunting for the right subject, the right location. I take no pleasure in hours of PP and LR is the way for me. Regards Sooty

Comment

Currently running LR4.4(RC). I've used Lightroom since version 2. Each update has added a little bit more functionality/capability (as well as support for more recent bodies & lenses). The built in photo editor is effectively Camera Raw 7.4 from Photoshop CS6.

LR4.0 had serious performance issues compared with LR3, but these seem to be being resolved.

The price has also dropped dramatically.
      A1, Vivitar Series 1 24-48mm & 70-210mm (Exif data....what Exif data?)

Comment

One can get a 30 day free trial package if you click on to www.lightroom4.com That way you can try out first and then decide to buy or not. this is what I have done after advice from Sooty (see my ghost thread!)
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I just bought LR4 (full version, not upgrade) for £68 from Camera World, and free delivery.

When I installed it, it immediately 'flagged up' that an upgrade was available for download. As such, I downloaded and installed V 4.4.

Dave
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X