Golden Oldy - D60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Oldy - D60

Simple photo of my D60 from 2002. At 6.3mp this is still a usable camera and gives surprisingly good images, especially when using modern lens.

Slightly smaller and much lighter than the 7D. This is a much more usable camera than the first Canon digital, the D30

taken with 1DS3/180macro plus 3 plash @iso100, f16

IMG_0036x.jpg
    ef-r

Re: Golden Oldy - D60

I had one, loved it, but not at ISO 400 and above!
    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
      I had one, loved it, but not at ISO 400 and above!
      I have the d30, d60, 10D and 5D-1 as well as the wonderful 1DS2. The earlier canerors a simpler and much easier to use - the only real issue is their ISO limits.
      ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
        ...the only real issue is their ISO limits.
        I find this not quite the limitation it once was with the later versions DPP or ACR. I'm happier to use 1600 on my D30 than I used to be. As long as I shoot in RAW I can get very usable results these days. I've even gone back and reprocessed a few old pictures that had terrible noise issues and been quite amazed at the improvement...
        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Still got my D30 but sold both my D60s last year to fund the purchase of a 1DS (original version). I am tempted to get another one having read this thread but then have I got too many cameras already?
          Dave

Comment

This is a question to Brian. When you have so many of the older cameras when do you decide which one to use over the modern digitals? Is it based on a whim "Oh I have not used that camera for a while "and then try out a few shots just to keep things ticking? Then comes the next question, are you missing a decent picture which would have been possible with a modern DSLR by using the older model?
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
              Simple photo of my D60 from 2002. At 6.3mp this is still a usable camera and gives surprisingly good images, especially when using modern lens.

Slightly smaller and much lighter than the 7D. This is a much more usable camera than the first Canon digital, the D30

taken with 1DS3/180macro plus 3 plash @iso100, f16

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8126[/ATTACH]
              Now that should be put in a Museum..Just joking it first time i have seen one
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelkphotowork/

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                This is a question to Brian. When you have so many of the older cameras when do you decide which one to use over the modern digitals? Is it based on a whim "Oh I have not used that camera for a while "and then try out a few shots just to keep things ticking? Then comes the next question, are you missing a decent picture which would have been possible with a modern DSLR by using the older model?
                Now that I have mostly ff cameras the 10D and D60 only get used when I want a 1.6 crop camera.
                ef-r

Comment

Pah, that's not old, here's my third full frame camera, built like the proverbial outhouse, with a sweet 58mm F2 lens, brilliant up to ISO1600, battery lasts for ever.

I'd better get that dust sorted before SWMBO catches me
                  Last edited by Les McLean; 29-01-2013, 21:35.
                  Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                  Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

I still have my first camera - a 1958 Box Brownie which I have had from new
                    ef-r

Comment

Working...
                    X