Pocket sized flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pocket sized flash

I got my EOS 5D II at last in early December at a give away price (well almost). Already have a couple of flashguns, 430 EX II and Nissin Di866 II, but want to get a small pocket sized flashgun for occasional use as a fill in flash.
    I certainly don't want to cart either of the bigger guns around so am looking at one of the following.
    Canon 270 EXII
    Sunpak RD2000
    Metz 24 AF-1
    Has anyone been using one of these guns and has an opinion on it?
    On the other hand what are fellow Canonistas thoughts on my idea?
    All and any opinions welcome.

Re: Pocket sized flash

I have a 270 and used it on a 5DII with success. I now use it on my EOS M, 1DsII an 60D. The new EX90, released with the M, may be worthy of your consideration as well.
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

The 270 is great for fill-in-flash (which is why I bought mine with the 5D Mk II)- But it won't light up a room! The EX 90 is even less powerful.

Comment

I've used the 270 for a couple of years - as long as you don't need lots of light, it's brilliant. Whoops, sorry for the awful pun...
        Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

I also have a 270 EX and it is a great fill flash. I have had mine for a few years now and almost always have it in my pocket, or the wife's purse.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
            .....or the wife's purse. Tom
            Big purse Tom You give her far too much money

Edit: I just thought - Is a purse in the US what we would call a handbag?
            Bob Turner
            Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Pocket sized flash

Yes, a purse is a handbag

Tom

Comment

Thanks so far everyone. I must admit that I will be asking my wife if she doesn't mind putting it her handbag just in case!
                Still not sure which one but am leaning towards the Canon 270 EX II.
                I only want it for use as a fill in flash anyway and do realise the limitations of a gun this size.

Comment

It doesn't take up much room at all and comes with its own little "purse." Mine fits under the right-hand side of my camera which is packed lens facing down.

Comment

Originally posted by pipflash51 View Post
                    Thanks so far everyone. I must admit that I will be asking my wife if she doesn't mind putting it her handbag just in case!
                    Still not sure which one but am leaning towards the Canon 270 EX II.

I only want it for use as a fill in flash anyway and do realise the limitations of a gun this size.
                    Late on this but look around for the discontinued Mk 1, I picked one up for $99.00-65 quid brand new from canon dealer-Canada in January, great little handy flash as all have said.
                    Graham
                    Canon 100D, 18-135 IS STM, 50 1.8 STM, 220EX Flash.

Comment

Working...
                    X