Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boats at low water

Originally posted by jaymbee1 View Post
    Love all 3 images but for me "Kathleen" is a beauty.

Me too.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks for your kind comments guys.
      Scuff

Canon EOS 1Dx
      16-35, 24-105, 70-200 f2.8Lis, 70-300 f4-5.6Lis, 300 f2.8Lis, 17 TS-E, 24 TS-E II, 90 TS-E
      Speedlight 600ex-RT (2x), ST-E3 RT.

My flickr page

Comment

Boats at low water

Hi Scuff,
        I don't know how I managed to miss your posting so sorry if these comments are coming a bit late ! All three images are excellent but number three stands out for me. You have captured the textures within the scene very well, the composition is brilliant and your eye for leading lines, visual flow, point of maximum interest etc. is VERY good. I hope you keep posting up images as your work sets a standard that many of us would like to aspire to !
        James
        James Boardman Woodend
        www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Originally posted by jimsphotography View Post
          Hi Scuff,
          I don't know how I managed to miss your posting so sorry if these comments are coming a bit late ! All three images are excellent but number three stands out for me. You have captured the textures within the scene very well, the composition is brilliant and your eye for leading lines, visual flow, point of maximum interest etc. is VERY good. I hope you keep posting up images as your work sets a standard that many of us would like to aspire to !
          James
          You are very kind James, thankyou.
          Scuff

Canon EOS 1Dx
          16-35, 24-105, 70-200 f2.8Lis, 70-300 f4-5.6Lis, 300 f2.8Lis, 17 TS-E, 24 TS-E II, 90 TS-E
          Speedlight 600ex-RT (2x), ST-E3 RT.

My flickr page

Comment

Three great shots as everyone says.

Comment

Apart from the borders (which for me are too heavy and dominate the compositions), these are superb, with 3 being my favourite, particularly like the rich shadows.

Silver Efex pro can be quite destructive if used heavy handed (especially generating noise), you have obviously used a light touch, and the conversion is very good.
              Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
              Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

These are all stunners. I'm not usually a fan of borders but these work so well with these images.

David
                PBase Galleries:-http://www.pbase.com/davidmorisonimages

Canon 7D II, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon, Lensmaster RH1 Gimbal.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551–479 BC)

Comment

Boats at low water

Stunning images! Like many others I seem to have missed this thread too.

I really love the look of the images, do you find that SilverEfex offers much more than LR and a little effort?

I have to say that I think the borders are a little over the top though, but I'm not a lover of any type of border (or watermarks/signatures come to that)
                  Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

They looked rather dark, until I turned my screen brightness up and now they are super, but was also distracted by the borders - but the images would look perfect in a gallery mounted like that!
                    BTW - does anyone with an Imac have views for the screen brightness - much too bright for everyday use - gives me a headache very quickly, so I keep it tuned down about 5 notches. It is much better for colour printing now that I have calibrated the screen, but my Eye-one profiler won't work with M.Lion, so I am sticking to Lion at present.
                    Sorry, should have posted this somewhere else - but what just happened reminded me of the problem!!!

Comment

Boats at low water

Have you tried running through the (full) visual calibration exercise? I found it worked a lot better than the abridged version.
                      Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Fabulous photographs. I don't have a general beef about borders but I did find these ones distracting for some reason.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                        X