Yongnuo 622C Radio Triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yongnuo 622C Radio Triggers

I've found a very comprehensive and comprehensible user-guide to the Yongnuo 622C radio triggers here. It lists their capabilities (and limitations) for anyone who's contemplating buying a pair. (Note: I have no connection with Yongnuo nor the user guide's author, I just own four triggers and find the instruction manual difficult to understand!)
    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Re: Yongnuo 622C Radio Triggers

Thanks, I have a set of these.

Tom

Comment

What flashes do you use them with?
      Why I am asking is that I want to know, if I put a 622c on my 5d3, do I need to have another one attached to each of my yn565 flashes, or will they work like they did with a 7d?
      Canon Eos 70D, Tamron 28-300mm XR Di VC, Yongnuo YN565EX + YN568EX, Panasonic FZ200

Comment

Based on the flashguns in your signature: Yongnuo YN565EX + YN568EX

To get both flashguns off camera using radio control you'd need 3 622c transceivers.

OR

A: 2 transceivers - 1 flashgun radio controlled and the other in optical slave mode.
        B: You could have one flashgun on hotshoe of your 5d3 and the other one in optical slave mode.

Comment

Thanks, 4 units on order
          Canon Eos 70D, Tamron 28-300mm XR Di VC, Yongnuo YN565EX + YN568EX, Panasonic FZ200

Comment

I'm considering a set of these as well, have you any experience of shooting HSS with them, outdoors? I'm going to purchase a 568EX after reading s-j-p's review but i did hear that the 622c can be unreliable? And before anyone else mentions it, I cannot afford a set of pocket wizards..:O)

Cheers, Martin
            Martin

It is better to have and not need...than to need and not have!

EOS 7D, EF-S 15-85 IS USM, EF 50mm F1.8 ll, EF 70-200 F4 L IS, Nissin Di866 Speedlight, Yongnuo YN568EX Speedlight, 4 x Yongnuo 622C triggers, a Battery Grip and 4 spare batteries (for emergencies...)

Comment

I've had no problems with the 622's at all, either inside or outdoors.

Read the excellent GoogleDocs guide, and get your head around the button functions (which vary depending on whether you're using them on the transmitter or receivers), then set them up how you like them and mark at least the transmitter to differentiate it (I've configured and labelled mine as Tx, and A, B, & C so I know which will be controlled by the cameras A,B,& C flash settings)

They're very accomplished and usable triggers and should do everything you want of them.
              Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

but i did hear that the 622c can be unreliable? And before anyone else mentions it, I cannot afford a set of pocket wizards..:O)
                The price of these permits you to buy a spare unit, imho you'd be a bit unlucky if 2 units failed.
                I would advise you to accept that with YN products the after sales service, (if required) is non existant, at worse, and inconvenient at best. That way you won't be dissapointed. :-)

Trev

Comment

Well, I had to make a decision so have ordered 4 x 622C's and the 568EX, now my piggy bank is empty again but i consider it worthwhile

I will report on the efficiency of the triggers when I'm next motocrossing which will be in three weekends time...I'm off-roading Sunday and shooting Dressage the following Sunday, don't think the horses will appreciate a bit of flash LOL

Thanks for the advice, appreciated...
                  Martin

It is better to have and not need...than to need and not have!

EOS 7D, EF-S 15-85 IS USM, EF 50mm F1.8 ll, EF 70-200 F4 L IS, Nissin Di866 Speedlight, Yongnuo YN568EX Speedlight, 4 x Yongnuo 622C triggers, a Battery Grip and 4 spare batteries (for emergencies...)

Comment

Does it support the 5D3 and the 1DX??
                    ef-r

Comment

Yes but apparently the ratios with the 1dx are said to be unreliable.
                      TS-E17 F4L, 70-300L, 100 F2.8L Macro. http://www.flickr.com/photos/waynelsworth/

Comment

The 622's work fine on my 5d3. Just got my flash studio kit completed...time to play...

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Els View Post
                          Yes but apparently the ratios with the 1dx are said to be unreliable.
                          Is this unreliable like the Pocket Wizzard which is due to incompatibility? Even though they are saying it should be?
                          ef-r

Comment

Working...
                          X