Hahnel Wireless Remote Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahnel Wireless Remote Control

I was given one of these for Christmas, and have never used one before. The instructions are very minimal and the website FAQs aren't very helpful either. I have the transmitter attached to the camera, (400D) everything on, green lights on both transmitter and receiver, but the camera does not autofocus or take pictures. I am sure there is something very basic that I am missing, and will feel very stupid when I find out what it is. Can anyone help please?

Re: Hahnel Wireless Remote Control

Hi Jennifer,

Have you pushed the cable all the way into the connector? It takes a bit of force, and it's easy to think you've pushed it all the way in when you haven't.

Andrew
    Andrew
    www.eos-magazine.com

Comment

Hi Andrew, thank you, yes I think I have, it's into the second space down, the only one it will fit into. I have the transmitter in the hot shoe. Is there anyhting else I should do with the camera itself apart from it being switched on? Have the drive mode set on remote control.

Comment

Hi Jennifer,

You should set the drive mode to single shot. The remote control setting is only for Canon remote controls.

The connector I'm talking about is the connection between the cable that comes out of the remote control unit and the cable that fits into the remote control socket of your camera. You have a choice between two cables to connect to the remote control unit depending on which camera you have. Make sure the cable you use for the 450D is pressed right into the connector that connects it to the remote control unit. This takes a bit of force and it will click into position. It's easy to think that it's all the way in when it isn't, and this is our most common query with these units.

Andrew
        Andrew
        www.eos-magazine.com

Comment

And you are absolutely right! Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
          X