Very Hairy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Hairy

Here are a couple of shots I was asked to take of a chair made from "human hair" !! The owner is going on the channel 4 programme Four Rooms with it in the next series, and wanted some shots of it before it goes to it's new owner !

Lisa by gauduchon, on Flickr

Lisa by gauduchon, on Flickr
    Last edited by gauduchon; 24-02-2013, 18:24.

Re: Very Hairy

(FYI you might post in the title that there is nudity just so it does not surprise anyone)

Tom

Comment

Love the lighting on the 1st image, very nice.

Maybe add an NSFW tag to the title, just in case. :thumbup:
      Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
      http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
      https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Nice set gauduchon like the lighting in the first and the symmetry in the second.
        Chris
        Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Comment

Originally posted by AndyA View Post
          Love the lighting on the 1st image, very nice.

Maybe add an NSFW tag to the title, just in case. :thumbup:
          I can edit the post but don't seem to be able to edit the title, may be best to delete then re post ?

Comment

Originally posted by gauduchon View Post
            I can edit the post but don't seem to be able to edit the title, may be best to delete then re post ?
            Go 'edit' and then click on the 'go advanced' tab at the bottom and you can edit the title then.

superb pair of shots, love the lighting and tone of #1 and the symmetry of #2 - not a great fan of B&W but I guess it works here.

.DAVID.
            Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Lovely Arty images with superb lighting in the first.

Alan
              Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Originally posted by David Stallard View Post
                Go 'edit' and then click on the 'go advanced' tab at the bottom and you can edit the title then.

.DAVID.
                David, I can edit the title of the image but I still can't edit the title of the post !

Comment

Nice set gauduchon
                  Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
                  Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Fantastic prop to make the 2nd shot work, but I really like the lighting on the 1st, though I would remove/tone down the highlight at the top of the chair.
                    Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                      Fantastic prop to make the 2nd shot work, but I really like the lighting on the 1st, though I would remove/tone down the highlight at the top of the chair.
                      Colin, I agree with you about the light on the top of the chair, this was a quick 5 minute edit ! I will spend more time on the next one.

Comment

I love the lighting in #1 and the mono conversion is fabulous. What lighting set-up did you use?
                        “Seeing is not enough; you have to feel what you photograph” – Andre Kertesz
                        http://smphotography.foliopic.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mazzie View Post
                          I love the lighting in #1 and the mono conversion is fabulous. What lighting set-up did you use?
                          Hi Mazzie,

In image 1, this is lit with one 580EX triggered by a PocketWizard Mini in a cheap Chinese softbox from eBay, I then convert to black and white and do a bit of dodge and burn in Photoshop.

In image 2, I have 2 Elinchrom BX400's lighting the backdrop, 1 Bowens Gemini 250 with a beauty dish lighting the center and an Elinchrome BX600 with a softbox lighting the lower section of the chair.
                          Hope this helps !

Comment

#2 shows an artistic licence impressive use of light in #1

Alun
                            Alun

Comment

Comment deleted.
                              Last edited by Nathaniel; 26-03-2013, 20:43.
                              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
                              X