Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon 7d price, to good to by true?

http://www.digitalrev.com/product/ca...era/NzQzMg_A_A
    Last edited by merlinxlm; 26-02-2013, 18:48.

Re: Canon 7d price, to good to by true?

I bought my first 7d from this dealer Digitalrev(though i think this site is UK based no import Tax ?) i received mine from Hong Kong.
    Never had any problems though, Only real issues are if you need to return or warranty problems as i think the company takes over the warranty but have a look at the small print, But they are a big company.

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Looks a good price to me and lenses look a good price too, not had any dealings with the company though.
      Chris
      Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Comment

I have bought a couple of small things from them, but friends have bought cameras and lenses without problem.
        Colin

Comment

OneStopDigital have it even cheaper at £664.

As they're likely to be imports check that you're not liable for VAT/Duty, and what their warranty-repair provision is. Some of the larger importers offer a UK warranty repair service whilst others require you to return the goods.

I have also read a thread about 5Diii's which are shipped from split kit-boxes and so come without original packaging and have had their electronic serial numbers altered resulting in Canon refusing to repair them (even for a fee).

Imports can be great value, but make sure you're fully aware of the potential pitfalls and make a value judgement yourself. I've spent many £1,000's on imports and have found them some of the best companies I've dealt with for value, service, and customer service.
          Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

From their Ts and Cs -

When ordering goods from DigitalRev Limited, overseas deliveries may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once the package reaches the specified destination. Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you, unless an Import Handling Charge is included in the price of the goods.
            Be aware.
            Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

If you hover over the price you will see that you will not be liable for import duty.

screenshot10.jpg
              Regards ,
              Norman

Comment

Re: Canon 7d price, to good to be true?

I recently bought an official battery grip for my 6d from them , ordered it on the Wednesday and it was delivered on the Friday came via Dhl express .... Free delivery and it was £60 cheaper than any uk price I saw ... Go figure ...highly recommended

Comment

I bought my 7d with 18-135mm EF-S f/3.5, 50mm f/2, spare battery and 16Gb card for £1300 nearly two years ago from Digital Rev. My son has also bought lens from them and we've never had a problem. I'm hoping to use them again in the next couple of months.
                  Dougie

Canon eos-7d, eos-350d. 18-135mm EFS f/4, Canon 50mm f/2.8, Canon 70-300mm f/5.6 USM, Tamron 90mm f/1.8, Sigma 10-20mm f/4, Sigma 150-500mm f/5.6 DG OS HSM, Speedlite 430 EXll.

Comment

I bought mine for £785 from procamera. in december, straight out of the box and it did not work; however it was sent back and with apologies I rec'd a new repalcement within a few days. It came with their 12mth warranty and I registered the item with canon via their site which is proof that its genuine. Even with the hicup I would recommend them!
                    Alun

Comment

Gotta love DigitalRev... most fun photography show on YouTube...

Plus I'd trust them to buy stuff from...

Comment

I bought my 7D with 15-85 from Procamera last year - no problems and registered it with Canon. I actually emailed Canon asking if they would honour the warranty before I purchased and they confirmed this to be the case.
                        I kept the email as proof.
                        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Bought my 600D from them last year, and it was fine, and I'll be buying my 60D from them too :)
                          Last edited by Paulstw; 15-04-2013, 10:28.
                          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                          www.campsie.photography

Comment

If it is to good to be true,IT IS!

Comment

I ordered my 7D from Digital Rev last Thursday and it came on Monday there.
                              It's a grey import of which i'm not at all bothered about. Comes with a years warranty from DR.
                              Came in a grey box instead of white.
                              A non UK charger however adapter plug supplied.
                              Japanese instruction manual but you can down load the manual.

All software works fine.

At the end of the day, see when you're out and about, no one can tell if you bought it from DR, Jessops or Gumtree. However, i'd much rather spend £699 on DR than £1169 in Jessops for the same thing.

Also it came with the latest firmware on it.
                              Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                              www.campsie.photography

Comment

Working...
                              X