Focus on Imaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Focus on Imaging

At the NEC in Birmingham (well, it's in Solihull actually...) from this Sunday to Wednesday.
    Will be going - probably on Tuesday.
    How do I recognise fellow forum members??
    Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Re: Focus on Imaging

I dont think anyone as given that much thought Chris, apart from those who use photo's for their avatars! I'll be there on sunday possibly we can all walk like frank spencer.(dam apparently i already do!) Ideas???
    Alun

Comment

We could all wear blue berets and beige trench coats
      Chris
      Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Comment

I aint wearing no single red rose and standing under a clock, it will be the weekend after all!!!
        On a serious note(pls forgive) I considered for a moment if we all produced stickers with EF or for Eos Forum, but then someone might think were lens salesman! absolutly no idea Chris???? It would be nice to say hello to a few people!
        Alun

Comment

One of my other sites has supplied a downloadable label that slides into the pass. They've done this for the last couple of years and apparently works quite well. Just a thought

Comment

Ta, all. Will look out for trench coats, berets, Frank Spencer look-alikes etc., but otherwise will add something in to my badge holder that says "eOS- Forums".
            Do enjoy if you are going.
            Cheers, Chris.
            Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Not overly impressed this year, alhough I suspect it migh be due to he over crowding, being the only weekend day of the show. Label did not work Chris!
              Alun

Comment

Went Tuesday am - not many people there early on so got "pounced on" by the stall staff a bit too much, but it then got quite busy. Like Alun100 I didn't see any Forum members despite labelling my badge, but did give the web address to a few people attending the Canon stand. And being Tuesday I assume all the free pens, mugs, bags etc had all been taken by earlier visitors......
                Cheers, Chris.
                Just chuggin' along.

Comment

As usual I could only make Wednesday. Many stands were deserted and their denizens desperate. Very few vendors. Calumet had "sold out" of the EF 100mm f/2.8L IS - the only thing I was really interested in from tehm, had the price been right.

No Adobe. OnOne seminars were justifiably popular. The cafe was once again UNBELIEVABLY expensive. I took my own food and drink, saved mucho dollar.

Picked up some cheap-ish Epson Inks from Premier for my R1900.

Went looking for a Phottix Aion Wireless Timer Remote for my 7D and didn't find it, so bought it on Amazon when I got home.

Chatted to some students at a University stand. Innovative and interesting, all their work is done on film!

For the first time in many years I ran into no-one I knew.

I went looking for reasonably priced lighting rigs and had to laugh in the faces of so many overpriced configs that I began to get a sore throat.

The Canon stand was huge but contained nothing new. I did have a very interesting chat about large format printers. The 5100 was extremely reasonably priced at £1134 including installation, inks and a 30 metre roll of lustre. I'm heavily considering this offer. Apparently every Jessops had a iPF6400 which has been repo'd and refurbished by Canon. Inks, installation and all, £2000-ish as I recall that's £1K off. No stands though, that's another £250+.

I asked about the 7D II / 70D and got studied blank looks. Started to have a detailed conversation about sensors but chap passed me to a chapess who passed me to a chap who was technically unable to converse on the subject. Gave up.

Interesting chat about macro photography on one stand with a very nice man who thought that Liverpool was near to South West Wales.

It's doubtful I'll go back. No interesting announcements that I noticed. Distinct shortages of stuff of interest to me. Mary Walker Exhibitions will have to work hard to get some more interest into 2014 before I plan on a 300 mile round trip again.
                  See more at www.andyleslie.com and www.facebook.com/AndyLesliePhotography, not to mention https://www.flickr.com/photos/andylesliephotography/

There's birds in them thar hills!

Comment

Hi All

I went on the Sunday and had a great time, this is the first time I have been to one of these shows and would highly recommend it.

Now looking for another show to go too.

Del

Comment

Hello Del and welcome to the EOS Forum.
                      Colin

Comment

Yet again they hold it the same week at my Birthday :-( The amount of money that's cost me over the years :-)

My Birthday was on the Wednesday and so I went on Monday and it didn't help... new camera, new lens, Lee Big Stopper and a memory card for the camera... still the camera+lens was an amazing deal, £400 less than the cheapest Internet price ;-)

Oh, but not Canon, sorry...

Comment

Jon - Please tell what you got

Comment

That was the last Focus on Imaging, folks. I'm not surprised but I am disappointed. The UK can't sustain ONE National multi-manufacturer exhibition.

See more at www.andyleslie.com and www.facebook.com/AndyLesliePhotography, not to mention https://www.flickr.com/photos/andylesliephotography/

There's birds in them thar hills!

Comment

Working...
                            X