Some of mine are Farm8 and some are Farm9

I do not get the 503 every time.
    David

Comment

Re: 503 and flickr

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
      Some of mine are Farm8 and some are Farm9

I do not get the 503 every time.
      Be interesting to know the distribution ... have you ever had a Farm8 cause 503? Or is it just Farm9??

Also interesting is that 503 comes and goes ... again hinting at a comms/resource issue at that farm (Farm9). Happen I should post something on the Flickr Forum !

Comment

I have 2 Flickr accounts that I use to post images from both on Farm9, sometimes I get 503 other times it is OK.

Comment

I post from my own server and get 503's and also when trying to change signature and that likewise doesn't touch Flickr
          --
          Colin
          http://fotos-espana.com
          http://macameraclub.com
          http://turnspain.com

Comment

Also am Farm 9 and having been very plagued with 503 - but, as I have said previously, much worse at night!!

Comment

For your info Robert.
              Just posted with photobucket no probs ,still can't upload via Flickr

Alan
              Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Im farm9 and not had the 503 problem for over a week now.
                Chris
                Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Comment

I have just made a forum change which might reduce the 503 service error. If you have not been able to upload images, but can now, please let me know.
                  Robert
                  robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Hi Robert, I tried to upload a couple of days ago without success, tried again this afternoon and posted two images into the landscape section without any problem.

Peter

Comment

Still no joy here.
                      Regards ,
                      Norman

Comment

Originally posted by Norman View Post
                        Still no joy here.
                        OK. Can you try again when you have time?

I have come across a setting in the forum control panel which determines how long you stay connected after a period of inactivity. The default was three hours. I initially reduced this to one hour and have just reset it to 20 minutes.

You will see this reflected in the 'number of members online' data, as this shows the connections even if members have moved on to other things.

As the 503 error is related to 'too many connections', reducing the number of connections by disconnecting users who have been inactive for 20 minutes is worth a try, even though it means that you might need to log in more often.

This might explain the random nature of the problem (only occurring, perhaps, when there are more than, say 200 users online), but does not explain why it only occurs when you try to post an image link.

Feedback welcome on whether there is any improvement with regard to posting images. I'm not holding my breath!
                        Robert
                        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Robert - these things are tiresome and some of us will have had similar experiences in our professional life. Eventually you get to what looks like the least inspiring options and hey presto. We can't say you haven't tried, and you've got a physical (and e-) magazine to publish as well ... so your efforts are appreciated.

I still think this is a Flickr issue and calls to Farm9 timing out sometimes and not others (I posted first time on Monday this week). In fact if the forums parser detect a URL (even if it's not tagged) it tries to resolve it ... which results in a call to whatever is at the other end ... and if this is Flickr's Farm9 and the wind is blowing from the north and its high tide it'll bounce it. I'll stick with this theory until someone says using PhotoBloggoTweetOBook also has this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
                            I have just made a forum change which might reduce the 503 service error. If you have not been able to upload images, but can now, please let me know.
                            Just managed to post via Flickr for first time in over 1 week.

Alan
                            Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Robert,

Just FYI it still doesn't fix my editing signature problem still getting 503's.
                              --
                              Colin
                              http://fotos-espana.com
                              http://macameraclub.com
                              http://turnspain.com

Comment

Colin - out of interest. The change you are trying to make to your signature, does this include a URL to Flickr ??

Comment

Working...
                                X