503 error feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 503 error feedback

It seems the only way I can post is to post a thread without an image then EDIT THE POST and add the image, before saving.
    The 503 must be a time related problem. ( if you take too long writing your post and inserting the image ) in one go you get a 503.

Alan
    Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

I've tried what Alan suggests, but doesn't work for me. I am tring to post images shot today but can't. I can however post images from previous dates which I could not previously post. Very frustrating
      Garry Macdonald on Flickr
      Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

I am now able to post the image I wanted. I tried posting just the image, then edited in the text. Worked this time, maybe not the next though. I'll wait and see!!
        Garry Macdonald on Flickr
        Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Haven't had any problems for a few weeks but 503 is back - couldn't post yesterday and today. Tried posting using my SmugMug account and Flickr, doesn't work with either.

Dave
          www.trikietowers.com

Comment

Just (14:45) managed to post using my laptop and Flickr.

Dave
            www.trikietowers.com

Comment

I only Photo bucket for all my images and so far "Touch wood" have never had the 503 message. I bet this will now be the kiss of death.

Ian
              Ian

Comment

I am still getting it but I find that, most of the time, if you post without the image to start with and then immediatly "edit" and add the image it will than post OK

Stan
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Coryman View Post
                  I only Photo bucket for all my images and so far "Touch wood" have never had the 503 message. I bet this will now be the kiss of death.

Ian
                  You will be ok as long as you keep your fingers crossed and whistle

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                  I am still getting it but I find that, most of the time, if you post without the image to start with and then immediatly "edit" and add the image it will than post OK

Stan
                  Thanks Stan, I will try that nest time.

Dave
                  www.trikietowers.com

Comment

It's back!

Firefox 21.0, Win 7 32 bit. Been trying to post for a while this evening... can't even preview the post.
                    flickr
                    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
                      It's back!

Firefox 21.0, Win 7 32 bit. Been trying to post for a while this evening... can't even preview the post.
                      relax and have another pork pie (with chutney) you now have the spare time

Comment

Still happening this morning!

Not expecting anyone to use their weekend investigating... just letting you know!

Mike
                        flickr
                        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

We updated the forum software this morning (did anyone notice the 13 minutes of downtime?). No guarantee that this will help, especially if the error is with the server, but feedback welcome.

The problem still seems to be intermittent and isolated, making it quite difficult to resolve.
                          Robert
                          robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Thanks for the update Robert, but sadly for me, it didn't resolve the issue.

I'm still getting the 503 error... been trying all through today. Given up for now, and I'm away for a chunk of this coming week, so I'll try again nearer the end of the week! Frustrating, but I know you've not forgotten about it!

All the best, Mike.
                            flickr

Comment

Has taken over 3 hrs to post the few turtle pics on the forum today.
                              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

OK - I've been 503'd for the last 6 days, (several weeks ago it was nearly 2 weeks!), and I can't post any new threads.
                                I know it's an intermittent problem, and I too work in IT, so I know these are the hardest issues to track down... but, ????. Is there an update on what's been/being tried to fix it?

This is very frustrating! Can you tell?

I really do hope to contribute to this forum again soon!

Love and kisses. Mike.
                                flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X