Kent/Surrey Border Organiser.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kent/Surrey Border Organiser.

Thought I'd just drop a note to say that I have stepped up as the Kent organiser, so please get in touch so I can formulate a contact list etc.

I actually live on the Kent/Surrey border, in between junctions 5 and 6 of the M25 to give you a rough idea. So please get in touch if you are close by and fancy a meet up.

I'm not far from the popular British Wildlife Centre, also Eagle Heights.

No solid plans as yet, just collating details of interested members.

When you get in touch please let me know where you are. It will help in seeing the geographical spread of members when trying to organise a meeting.

Anyway, will give it another week or two for people to get in touch.

Happy to hear any suggestions. Also thoughts on how we communicate as a group? Have started a free blog page so will test that out to see if it could be of any use.
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Re: Kent/Surrey Border Organiser.

Well done Peter.

I live in Epsom, Surrey, but work in Hildenborough, Kent (near Tonbridge), so probably pass near your door every day!

I am definitely up for a few trips / group meet-ups... BWC is great, but my 1 trip so far to Eagle Heights was quite dissapointing.
    I regulalrly go to the WWT centres at Barnes and Arundel, and I'm a member of the NT (so Polesden Lacey, Wakehurst Place, Nymans etc. all easy to attend for me). Brands Hatch is just around the M25 too!

Anyway, good luck in your new role!

All the best, Mike
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Peter, it may be a good idea to try the BWC for the first meet as a number of folks are members and it is easy to get to.

Comment

Well done Peter. Perhaps you can also introduce the members to your exotic pets i.e the Tarantullas!
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

I live near West Malling - half way between Severances and Maidstone
          ef-r

Comment

Hello everyone, I live in Reigate and although I don't contribute I usually have a look to see what's happening. Interested in joining in local meets/ visits but am short of time at the moment. NT, RSPB and Surrey Wildlife Trust member but not BWC (have visited) or WWT (went to Slimbridge in 1979!). I work in Caterham but am often travelling along the M25/ A25 between Reigate and Maidstone visiting relatives. happy to communicate through this forum or to let others in the group have my email.
            Graham

Comment

Peter, thanks for putting yourself forward.
              I'm very slightly further west, near Esher in Surrey, but would be up for the occasional meet. Not a BWC member but I've been once a few years ago and it's about time I went again. I suggest you just post a suggested time and place through this thread and take it from there.
              Canon EOS 7D
              EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
              Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
              flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Blimey, Reigate... Esher... you're all a bit too close to Epsom for comfort! lol

BWC seems a good place for most people. I'd be up for another meet up there too. It would be great to meet some of our newer members for a fun day of togging.

Mike
                flickr
                5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Originally posted by mikep View Post
                  Blimey, Reigate... Esher... you're all a bit too close to Epsom for comfort! lol

BWC seems a good place for most people. I'd be up for another meet up there too. It would be great to meet some of our newer members for a fun day of togging.

Mike
                  I agree Mike, but dont you live in the 'Rhubarb Triangle'? LOL

Comment

Happy Easter one and all. Two other suitable venues might be
                    http://www.wildlifetrusts.org/reserves/sevenoaks and http://www.friendsofwarnhamlnr.org.uk/, both of which I have visited. Warnham has featured in a number of shots (not mine) in the Forum. If wildlife is an interest then there are plenty of opportunities in the area for us to work our way around.
                    Graham

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Could you all ping me your email address's so I can contact you all in one go. BWC looking favourite for first meet up. Guessing it will need to be on a weekend as we are not all members. Thinking perhaps early May, to give the weather chance to warm a little?

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Hi. Don't know why I hadn't seen this... except for the mention in the 'hello' thread. I live in Woldingham, though usually say Warlingham or Caterham as they're better known. I'd love to meet up. BWC near (could alway join up.. £45 pa, if it helps)
                        You should have my email already.

Comment

Hi all, just a quick one to say I havn't forgotten. Could you send me your email address if you havn't already. I will try and sort something out soon, especially now the worst of the weather seems to have gone. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by secondintime View Post
                            Hi all, just a quick one to say I havn't forgotten.
                            Yeah right, pull yer finger out, slacker! lol Ready when you are!

BWC suits me nicely too!

Cheers, Mike
                            flickr

Comment

I also live in the Warlingham area. I would like to come along for a get together with like minded people.

I have been to the BWC and I would recommend it.

I'll pass on my email address.

Comment

Working...
                              X