Path Of Time2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Path Of Time2

Following on from my original post I have decided this one to be my final version.

Path Of Time - CL by C J Lee, on Flickr

It contains 9 shots I've taken in the past + 3 shots of my partner taking shots of me.
    Feel free to comment and don't be shy.

Also as this is part of my creative competition I'm also handing this one in.

A Portrait In Digital - CL by C J Lee, on Flickr
    Chris
    Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Re: Path Of Time2

I would leave out the shot of you top left, as it is too obvious. Leave all the rest in and get your just deserved maximum mark.

The second shot, crop some of the dead area on the right and you are ready to go.

Both excellent entries deserving of high scores.
    Colin

Comment

Both are superb images
      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Thanks Colin & Stephen.

Colin your points are noted

I'm working on the third but waiting for a starry night, not much chance with all this snow around so planning a backup just in case.
        Chris
        Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Comment

Excellent images

Tom

Comment

Chris,
            the 2 images are absolutely stunning.
            I am intrigued as to how they are done.

Alan
            Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Agree with Colin

They are both excellent images and look forward to hearing how they do

Stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Thanks Tom, Alan & Stan.

Alan the first one I used software called gimp which is a free download and also downloaded a plugin called mathmap for it. In mathmap there is a really good effect called droste which creates the spiral effect of the clock. You have to mess about with the settings until you get the look you want. Then in photoshop I added bits of my old shots to it.

The second one I followed a tutorial for it but basically you start with a background of black. Then on the next layer you create a layer of text in white in my case 1's and 0's and is easier if you make a grid.Then on top of these two layers you add your image, in my case a portrait. To my portrait I changed to mono image/adjustments/desaturate. Then on your image you need to pixelate it under filters/pixelate/mosaic and select a number relative to your grid of text (my case 24). Then on your image change blend mode to multiply. Finally go to image/adjustments/posterize and alter the number to desired effect. I should say this is done in photoshop.

I will let you know the outcome of my images, handing in night is this Thursday but will not be marked for a couple of weeks.
                Last edited by crunch; 23-03-2013, 23:25.
                Chris
                Practice makes perfect

Comment

Chris, thanks for the details on how you created the second image it has given me some ideas to play with and all the best for your competition.

Comment

Thanks Muscat and no problem, glad to help
                    Chris
                    Practice makes perfect

Comment

Came back to add. Like both shots. Can you tell me the settings that you had in the droste script, numbers wise?

The binary effect on the second one works really well. One of these days I might get that good with the software.
                      Last edited by DeeGee; 24-03-2013, 20:43.
                      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Di.

I forgot what settings I used so just had a little play with it.

The settings I used in Droste are:
                        (I will only put ones I changed)

First make a selection around your image (my case clock)
                        On the settings (User Values) tick NoTransparency
                        Inner Radius 37.30
                        Periodicity 1.12
                        zoom 15
                        rotate 90
                        x shift 17
                        y shift -22

Hope this helps.
                        Chris
                        Practice makes perfect

Comment

Thanks for that.

I'll have a play as soon as I have a moment.
                          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                          Di's Flickr

Comment

No problem Di

I'm no expert but like to follow tutorials picked up off the net
                            Chris
                            Practice makes perfect

Comment

Working...
                            X