Any one using Canon 135L f2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one using Canon 135L f2

Has any one used this lens for indoor equine photography. I need a fast lens for the winter indoor. Have tried my trusty 70-200L is 2.8 but the high ISO makes images un sale able.

Re: Any one using Canon 135L f2

The 135 2.0L is my favorite lens. I've had it for about 5 years - Incredible sharpness/clarity great in low light, - currently waiting delivery for my 1st digital 5d Mkii - Have been using the EOS3 - so I can't tell you how the lens works with sub-frame.

Comment

What body are you currently using

Comment

the 135 f2L is one of Canon's best. I use it with the 5Dmk11 and 50D. I can recommend it too strongly. Gary
        www.garywhite-photography.com
        Gary White, MPhil
        Travel Photographer

Comment

I use it for in-door high school sports. Best lens I have found for volleyball.

But may be a little short for what you are looking for.

Comment

I love the size of this lens, it's not too heavy. Very pleased with the optic's and a/f speed. Don't forget you can use the t/c's with this lens.

Comment

Various authorities have said this is one of the 3 best lenses optically that Canon have ever made, the other ones being the 35 f.14L and the 85 f.12L. Interesting that they are all primes! Gary
              Gary White, MPhil
              Travel Photographer

Comment

I bought the 135/2 before I got the 70-200/2.8 zoom. The 135 is certainly sharp but for some reason, my 2 bodies both have problems focussing with it in low light. Now I have the 100/2.8 macro, its become a vastly under-used lens.
                Freelance news and sports photographer
                http://www.hockeyphotos.com/

Comment

Collimation of the lens / body by a service centre might be worth considering....
                  Gary White, MPhil
                  Travel Photographer

Comment

Every thing they say about this lens is true (Amazing Lens), My Dog on a 30D, F4.5, iso 400, shutter 1/250. Indoors.

Reckon it would be perfect for the job you want to do.
                    Papa
                    Last edited by Papathanassi; 03-09-2009, 10:50. Reason: missed word

Comment

I have this lens, and use it as often as i can. It is by far the sharpest lens i have. I used it on indoor sports, i also have the 28-70 2.8, but the extra stops and sharpness make it first choice every time. Never leave home without it.
                      Craig

Comment

A pro dealer told me that this lens is one of the best 3 lenses that Canon make.
                        Gary White, MPhil
                        Travel Photographer

Comment

I'm just bought one of these 2nd hand after doing a lot of research in to my next purchase. Will post some examples once I get it.
                          Canon 5D & 40D, Canon 50mm f1.4, Canon 17-40L, Canon 70-200L f4 IS, Canon 135L f2

Comment

You'll be happy....
                            Gary White, MPhil
                            Travel Photographer

Comment

Originally posted by batman9 View Post
                              Has any one used this lens for indoor equine photography. I need a fast lens for the winter indoor. Have tried my trusty 70-200L is 2.8 but the high ISO makes images un sale able.
                              I have a 135mm L f2.0 but I don't use it very often (in fact vertually never). The indoor sport I've covered is fast moving and the images I need to take require a zoom, so I use the 70-200 L IS f2.8 and adjust the ISO as necessary. I've found that the 135 (although f2.0) can be rather slow at focusing in auto. But if used in manual focus and for a specific shot can be rather good. However the flexibility of a zoom f2.8 is preferably to me.
                              rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X