Real Life Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real Life Pictures

I appreciate why there are so many technical and equipment articles in the magazine, but I would like to see more real life examples of pictures users take. Perhaps these could be themed in each issue, pre-announced an issue or two before, and a selection of maybe 4-6 pictures by each of perhaps 3-4 readers could be shown, perhaps with a few words about each photographer's techniques used.
    I do get slightly bored of lists of cameras cross-referenced with particular functions, they are clear to read but they take up too much space in some articles. And those lists are out of date as soon as a new model appears. Perhaps a central, web based, reference list, updated with each new model? Most readers have one, maybe two cameras, and the information about most of the others is meaningless unless they are planning to upgrade or change.
    I do like the production quality of the magazine.

Re: Real Life Pictures

There used to be a readers showcase and I was lucky enough to be featured on a couple of occasions as was Colin C

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

Originally posted by BartonAlan View Post
      I do get slightly bored of lists of cameras cross-referenced with particular functions, they are clear to read but they take up too much space in some articles. And those lists are out of date as soon as a new model appears. Perhaps a central, web based, reference list, updated with each new model? Most readers have one, maybe two cameras, and the information about most of the others is meaningless unless they are planning to upgrade or change.

I think it is important to list cameras with relevant features in the articles. If we are running an article on, for example, geotagging, you would want to know if the information is relevant to your camera.

Your comments, and those from Stan, about reader pictures in EOS magazine have come at just the right moment. We currently discussing this and hope to announce something shortly.
      Robert
      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by BartonAlan View Post
        I would like to see more real life examples of pictures users take. Perhaps these could be themed in each issue, pre-announced an issue or two before, and a selection of maybe 4-6 pictures by each of perhaps 3-4 readers could be shown, perhaps with a few words about each photographer's techniques used.
        There's the opportunity to contribute your photos by checking out the current magazine requirements for example photos. They can be found HERE

All the best, Mike.
        flickr
        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
          I think it is important to list cameras with relevant features in the articles. If we are running an article on, for example, geotagging, you would want to know if the information is relevant to your camera.

Your comments, and those from Stan, about reader pictures in EOS magazine have come at just the right moment. We currently discussing this and hope to announce something shortly.
          You mean like a "On the forum this month" sort of thing?
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
          X