Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LP-E6 battery

Originally posted by Dave_S View Post
    That looks good Stephen, but the country is awash with counterfiet goods, that we would have difficulty in telling from the real thing.
    Buying direct from Amazon or "fulfilled" by Amazon is likely to be 100% genuine.
    Good point MX5
    Originally posted by Dave_S View Post
    I'm not surprised, hence my saying that a battery labelled Canon, sold at a 'knock down' price might be a counterfeit.

For me, it will have to be genuine Canon battery, bought from a reputable supplier, or a Duracell bought from Duracell Direct, or a Hahnel bought from the likes of WEX etc.

The Canon battery that I have, is that good, I may never need a spare, but just in case, a known brand alternative at around £30, is not a significant outlay, for something that may never get used.

Dave
    Yes GENUINE Canon batteries are good, Duracell and Hahnel are 3rd-party and not recommended by Canon.
    Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
    Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post
      Yes GENUINE Canon batteries are good, Duracell and Hahnel are 3rd-party and not recommended by Canon.
      Well they would say that wouldn't they... [I would put a winking smiley here but they seem to have disappeared!]
      I used a Hahnel as a spare in my 50D with no problems, though it didn't keep going as long as the Canons, despite being 1500mAh vs Canon's 1390mAh (to be fair I've no idea if this would be related). Ideally, of course, I'd stick with Canons, but since I have recently acquired a Hahnel twin charger, it seems a bit churlish to never put a Hahnel inside it. That said, I would never go near a name I didn't know, or that looked too cheap to be true.
      Canon EOS 7D
      EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
      Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
      flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

The EOS shop sells LP-E6 Hahnel batteries!
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Re Canon 6D and third party batteries
          I am also looking to see if anyone has the Canon 6D and has tried using a third party battery. I have a 6D and now needing a few more batteries as I have some bigger projects to do. I was just about to go online and order from either 7day shop as usual or Premier Inks.

I see both sites advise that their LP-E6 batteries are not recognised by the 6D. Has anyone actually tried a third party battery in the 6D? Are they just talking nonsense?

I have used 7 dayshop BP511 batteries in my 50D and never had any problems. However I think I now have my work cut out trying to get two new batteries for my 6D.

I appreciate any input from anyone.

Thanks

Chris

Comment

How much is a 6D? About 1600GBP? And you want to save 20 or 30 quid by buying a third party battery? I can't get my head around that logic.
            Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

Originally posted by Riggers View Post
              How much is a 6D? About 1600GBP? And you want to save 20 or 30 quid by buying a third party battery? I can't get my head around that logic.
              I agree; but each to their own.

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS View Post
                I agree; but each to their own.
                It's a bit like putting re-treads on a ferrari !

Comment

I have a Canon LP E6 plus two from fortnight shop/2. The two non Canon batteries live in my battery grip and worked with all bells and whistles without any issues, until that is my upgrading the 5D111 firmware to the latest version. Since then The third party batteries cannot be registered to the camera. I wonder if/when the camera develops a fault which needs it being returned to Canon for repair they read the data and say " sorry but the problem with the camera is due to you using non Canon batteries"
                  Just me in deep thinking mode, please feel free to ignore my ramblings.
                  Also I don't think I'll bother with HH's posh battery carrying y-fronts, too much trouble explaining them to airport security 😡
                  Peter

Feel free to browse my
                  Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by Texas View Post
                    It's a bit like putting re-treads on a ferrari !
                    Works for me.....! (ref to my avatar!)

I have Duracell LP-E5s for my 500d, and they work just fine. Bought from duracell direct, through amazon.
                    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

My 7D is some 3½ years old, naturally came with an LP-E6, and I bought a Canon spare. Just about 3 weeks ago both started to show the RED warning, indicating a new battery imminent. I thought after 3½ yrs not so good, I've remarked elsewhere only 4500 photos, so decided to look for bargains. That was shocking, all sort of problems etc (too long to list). So looked for lowest Canon batteries, and AMAZON advertised "Canon LP-E6 Battery Pack by Canon", so decided to buy 2 at £38 and they were sent but supplied by DES7. On arrival I did a few checks and both batteries had the same 7 character code (for registering), and the same serial number on the rear aluminium strip, also had different leaflets inside - all made me smell a rat. Canon help and Canon Europe welcomed my findings and declared they were counterfeit. Got back to the suppliers, got my refund promptly, DES7 did not want the units returned, and Canon told me which web address to use to get a true Canon battery at about £56 from Amazon. Amazon are difficult to cotact and talk with, but their adverts for LP-E6 are a disgrace, lies, and they are still doing it.
                      I will need new batteries soon, holiday imminent, so I wondered what the DURACELL and HAHNEL are like in the EOS 7D - are they exact replicas (good fit, charge in Canon chargers, communicate with camera, inform camera correctly, and what about the 8 character register code?) Some of you seem to be happy with them, but in a 7D?
                      Your opinions will be very well received! But like many others, why save dubiously and fail to satisfy &d requirements.
                      Regards
                      Myrddin Jones
                      PS I expanded on the Llandudno topic last night, but it never appeared Must have failed to do some essential button push!!

Comment

Originally posted by Myrddin Jones View Post
                        Amazon are difficult to cotact and talk with, but their adverts for LP-E6 are a disgrace, lies, and they are still doing it
                        Amazon is a marketplace. Many sellers are just "Joe Bloggs" and I tend to avoid those but an item listed or supplied by "Amazon" will be a genuine item. The Canon LP-E6 will cost £56.36 today from Amazon.
                        I do not believe that "Amazon" lie but maybe some of the merchants who sell via the Amazon site are a bit iffy.
                        I, for one, highly recommend Amazon for genuine products at decent prices.

flickr

Comment

Stephen - I agree with everything you've said except "but an item listed or supplied by Amazon will be genuine".
                          Go to GOOGLE and search for "Canon LP-E6 battery at Amazon" and the 1st item on page 1 is the culprit where they clearly state BY CANON at £38. That is what I fell for, but detected the fraud and bless them all a very prompt refund. If you now go down to page 4 (16 items per page) you can see another battery, with clearly written "for Canon LP-E6" on its rear, costs £11.99, but the text in this advert still says "by Canon". I have not gone through all 527 entries, and had to use another web address (supplied by CANON) to get details of the genuine LP-E6 sold by amazon for, as you said, £56.36, without the help of another Joe Bloggs.
                          Is there anybody out there using an EOS 7D and the Hahnel equivalent battery and getting all the facilities working?

Comment

Originally posted by Myrddin Jones View Post
                            Go to GOOGLE and search for "Canon LP-E6 battery at Amazon" and the 1st item on page 1 is the culprit where they clearly state BY CANON at £38. That is what I fell for, but detected the fraud and bless them all a very prompt refund.
                            I have done the search and I get:-
                            Sold by Serge Outlet and Fulfilled by Amazon.

This is NOT from Amazon but fulfilled by them.
                            If you want a genuine product from Amazon (which you will get) then you need to select from Amazon themselves, as in image below.

All my Canon LP-E6 batteries are genuine and from Amazon.

flickr

Comment

Stephen
                              I will cease this cross-talk, I believe 95% of what you say, you ignore totally my disgust with whoever makes that entry for Amazon and including a lie, ie "BY CANON". The current selling company is the 4th in the last two weeks.
                              We are different, I'm actually Welsh born!
                              Regards, Cheers and best wishes
                              Myrddin

Comment

I agree Stephen, all my LP-E6 Batteries supplied direct by Amazon have been Genuine Canon batteries. the old maxim usually prevails, if it seems too good to be true, it probablly is.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                                X