Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meadow Pipit yesterday

Meadow Pipit yesterday by Andy_Leslie, on Flickr

Up in the hills above my home in Llandybie, a number of these have started accumulating, as usual. Almost impossible to get in flight, I got this one on the ground. Yes, obscured by a couple of grasses, but nothing terrible and he is clear. Decided on the square format as just something a tad different.

Canon 7D, 1/640th sec; ISO 400; f5.6; EF 70-200mm w 1.4x extender @280mm.
    See more at www.andyleslie.com and www.facebook.com/AndyLesliePhotography, not to mention https://www.flickr.com/photos/andylesliephotography/

There's birds in them thar hills!

Re: Meadow Pipit yesterday

Excellent shot Andy. I 'shot' one yesterday on Brown Clee Hill in Shropshire. It was much further away and thought it was a sky lark - your image confirms that it was a meadow pipit.

Dave
    www.trikietowers.com

Comment

Good shot Andy. I am going square eyed trying to identify all the birds around us, but I am doing my best. It is also great on you to have identified the bird. Don't worry about the grass etc in front of the bird as it is far more natural to leave it in.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Nest building too, a great shot
        Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
        Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

A nice bird to capture Andy - looks like he is gathering some nesting material

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Very good shot there, so clear... you did well with the focus in those grass clumps! Really nice you caught him with some supplies too!

All the best, Mike.
            flickr
            5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Thanks folks!
              See more at www.andyleslie.com and www.facebook.com/AndyLesliePhotography, not to mention https://www.flickr.com/photos/andylesliephotography/

There's birds in them thar hills!

Comment

Beautiful, nice and clear and sharp

Tom

Comment

Cracking image.

Alan
                  Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Working...
                  X