• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steam Punk.

Something a little different.

Colin

Re: Steam Punk.

Certainly different. I like the shot. I don't think the model suits it, as she's a stunner and I'd expect a teen grunge under the hat and lipstick, but it's still a nice portrait.
    I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

Another from the same set:
      Colin

Comment

Another from me.
        I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

You certainly have taken some nice passport shots of Mrs C.

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
            You certainly have taken some nice passport shots of Mrs C.
            He,he.
            Colin

Comment

I thought she was Colin's daughter ............ only joking Colin
              Lovely portraits of an attractive lady.
              Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
              Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Nicely done Colin

Tom

Comment

Colin, you are an humble man with lots of hidden talents.
                  Raj
                  Raj
                  Flickr

Comment

Second works well for me Colin, first I'm not so sure, the blacks of her hat are blending into the background, I'd have liked a bit more separation of of these dark tones. There is a finger smudge on the left lens that distracts, also that sliver of hair across her right eye.

Second is spot on though
                    Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
                    Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

I quite liked the finger smudge. It is deliberate and in the shape of ?, which seems quite fitting for Steam Punk.
                      Colin

Comment

All are exellent Colin, in both the Passport thread and this one, great lighting.

Regards Paul

Comment

Both are great, I actually prefer the first one, I don't mind the hat blending in a little, and I agree with Colin on the smudge.

I also think the model suits the look perfectly well, who said Steampunk had to be teenage? - It is just a blending of Gothic/Victorian and 'Sci-Fi' - as envisioned during those eras (as evoked by Jules Verne and HG Wells) the niche/fashion/theme of steampunk has evolved out of that and is a suitable style for any age.

I think the model is fantastic and looks like a classic steampunk heroine.

I would love to see it treated with a touch of HDR to give it that slight cartoony effect

Ian
                          EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Love everything about these, the idea through to execution is superb, some of the 'steam punk' stuff get's a little too much but these are just awesome - Bravo sir

.DAVID.
                            Last edited by David Stallard; 23-05-2013, 19:29.
                            Take nothing but photo's - leave nothing but footprints!

http://www.davidstallardphotography.com

Comment

Working...
                            X