Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yongnuo YN568EX

Hi All,

I've just ordered the above flash. Seems to be a bargain compared to the Canon versions!!

Does anyone know if there is a rechargeable battery pack for them? Also I have read somewhere that the recycle time will be better with rechargeables than normal alkaline batteries is this correct?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Yongnuo YN568EX

Hi icecreamvan99 (great name!), and welcome to the forum!

I bought a couple of these guns a few months back, and I'm very impressed with them. I use Sanyo ENELOOP rechargeable batteries in my guns, and they recycle quite quickly enough. I too have read that rechargeable are better, and I'm sure someone will come along soon enough with the techie explanation involving capacitors, resistance and all that. I'm not that clever. They just work.

Enjoy your purchase!

All the best, Mike.
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

I also have one, and use rechargable Energiser batts, 2400mAh ones. Recycle time is super fast. Also have used Duracell rechargables, 2400mAh also, and find the Energisers last far longer, and have a better recycle time.

You can also use an external power battery pack with this flash, which is supposed to give somewhere in the region of 4000 recycles I think, although that sounds a lot, so don't quote me on it!

Hope you enjoy your new kit,

Garry
      Garry Macdonald on Flickr
      Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Welcome MrIceCremeVan!

I don't think the 568 has an external battery connection, there is one on the 565, but the 568 forgoes that nicety but gains a 2.5mm sync socket and HSS.

I use Sanyo Eneloop or Uniross LiMH batteries with mine, they last longer than alkaline cells, recharge faster, and are much cheaper in the long run. One set lasts a long time, and it's easy to carry spares. It's a good idea to use hybrid (hybrio) cells as they retain a large proportion of their charge over a lengthy period, so if you're only using the flash once a week or so then whilst standard rechargeable cells will have lost a significant proportion of their charge, the hybrids will still be at least 75% charged.

Also budget for an intelligent charger (such as a Technolone BL700) to maintain the batteries on top-top condition.
        Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Originally posted by S_J_P View Post
          I don't think the 568 has an external battery connection, there is one on the 565, but the 568 forgoes that nicety but gains a 2.5mm sync socket and HSS.
          I am embarrassed to say you are absolutely correct Can't believe I never checked behind the cover, and just assumed it was a battery connector!
          Garry Macdonald on Flickr
          Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X