Re: 1D Mk IV

Want one but still waiting, £3.5k and they might have a deal
    Duncan Harris
    Event-Pictures

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanH View Post
      Want one but still waiting, £3.5k and they might have a deal
      If it comes down to a more sensible price such as £2.5k then I may sell both my N's and the MKIII.

A sensible price for the MKIV would be as the MKIII chart below.

rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

Shops need them in stock first... Seems our American cousins have yet again got their hands on them before us
        I notice that Creative Video are now quoting the end of Jan before they will have some..... and Warehouse express have increased their price due to the VAT change
        All the best
        Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

Well, I have had "The Telephone Call".

Unfortunately, due to other committments, I haven't been able to collect it today, but I will be there pretty early tommorrow morning. A friend collected his 1D MKIV this morning and we have spent some time setting up the custom functions, so that we can shoot over the weekend. He has taken a few test shots in grubby weather at ISO 3200 and first reaction is very good.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

Colin - I too have a 1D MK3 - is the 1D MKIV producing that much cleaner images that you would notice printing out at A3?

Comment

Mike, ............. it's a bit good!

I have only taken a few snaps around the house at IS0 6400 and on first inspection, I believe the results would equate to IS0 800 - 1600 on the MKIII. That's initial impression only and I recognise that I will have to shoot like for like with the MKIII, for some objective conclusions.

If I get a break in the weather tomorrow, I will try it on some moving targets.

Initial reaction is that I am one happy bunny.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Here is a shot from today, almost straight out of the camera. It has been in photoshop to re-size, but no levels, curves, sharpening or anything. It has suffered slightly by converting to a much smaller file. It is a little cooler, which has affected the skin tones, but that is irrelevant for this exercise. There are plenty of shadow areas within the coat, fur and through the carriage window that would have shown very noticable digital noise at ISO 1600 on my 1D MKIII. Well this is ISO 1600 on a 1D MKIV ..... there was so little noise, I thought I had gone deaf!

EXIF: 1D MKIV + 70 - 200mm f2.8 L IS. ISO 1600 1/80sec @ f8

Did I mention I was a happy bunny?

Colin
                Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                  Did I mention I was a happy bunny?
                  Unlike the ones in the coat ;-)

Gorgeous shot. My wife's talking to someone on the phone and she went briefly silent when the image came up. High praise indeed.
                  Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Originally posted by Woolley View Post
                    Unlike the ones in the coat ;-)

Gorgeous shot. My wife's talking to someone on the phone and she went briefly silent when the image came up. High praise indeed.
                    What can I say? I am humbled!

Colin
                    Colin

Comment

Congratulations on your new camera Colin - enjoy !

Millie

Comment

Thanks Millie

I am straining at the leash to get out and take some action wildlife shots, but the weather is so dreadfully dull! So I am just playing at the moment and taking shots in dark, poorly lit conditions, just to satisfy myself how much better it is than my MKIII. And reading the manual again, just to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Colin
                        Colin

Comment

I had a quck look at the specs the other day on the canon website, it looks like a very desirable camera.
                          I like the card options, seems like it would be hard to loss a pic down to card failure/corruption ??
                          Have you had a chance to look at this yet ?

Millie

Comment

Originally posted by Woolley View Post
                            My wife's talking to someone on the phone and she went briefly silent when the image came up.
                            Please post more pictures Colin, I need my wife to go quiet as well

Joking aside, a beautiful shot. I can't wait to get out again with my 7D, the weather is driving me crazy.
                            7D, 400D + Grip (for Sale), G9, EF-S 10-22 USM, 50 f1.4 USM, 17-40L, 24-105L IS, 100-400L, 430EX, RC-1, Giottos ML3290B + MT8240B & MH1302. No spare money!

Comment

Colin

Really looking forward to seeing some more shots from your 1DMkIV. The first one is very good but I'm also sure there is a significant level of ability behind the viewfinder. I'll be interested to learn how you get on with the MkIV as the MkIII certainly needed some time and patience to find the right set-ups to get the best out of the camera.

Edster

Nice one but I hope your wife doesn't see your post

jhdee
                              jhdee

Comment

Working...
                              X