Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1D Mk IV

Hi Millie.

It's on the servo tracking and fixes a problem which sometime can occur with receeding subjects and also with subjects moving towards the camera very slowly.

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Thanks Colin,
      They’re describing it as an enhancement; rather than a fix.

Millie

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
        Thanks Colin,
        They’re describing it as an enhancement; rather than a fix.

Millie
        Millie

Isn't marketing spin wonderful?

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Yesterday I went to the Hawk Conservancy to try the camera out on some very active raptors in flight. The conditions started out very poor, in that I wouldn't normally have bothered with weather and light conditions as they were, but hey, what better test!

The first shot is a wild Heron coming in for a landing, shot against the prevailing light.
          ISO 1600 1/1000sec F8 500mm F4 L IS

The second shot is a captive Black Kite and was in better weather and light, which improved gradually during the day, but the main reason for this shot is the confusing, similar tonal range background. The MKIII could struggle in this situation, but the MKIV fared much, much better.
          ISO 800 1/1600 F8 500mm F4 L IS

The only treatment to each was RAW processing in DPP and then resize and sharpen in CS4. No noise reduction at all, either in camera, DPP or CS4.

A very confidence inspiring day and the only surprise was when a slow flying owl coming towards me didn't lock on and track and it needed a couple of pumps of the back button focus to do the business. I didn't actually lose any shots, because I was tracking early and waiting for the right moment when it came closer, but the MKIII would have locked instantly in the same situation.

One to be aware of for the furture perhaps, but the impending firmware update seems to have recognised this, so I'll wait and see.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

This makes an interesting read:-

Gerry

Comment

Working...
            X