Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1D Mk IV

Hello Millie

The card options are the same as the 1D MKIII, so unless I have missed something in the manual, no change.

Hello jhdee

Thankfully, the custom functions of the 1D MKIII are the same in the MKIV, just a few extra ones added. So if you have done all the hard work to get the MKIII working right, you just have to set the MKIV the same way.

Hello Edster

Here is another shot from the same shoot. I prefer it to the first and it is straight out of the camera "unmolested". The shot is titled "Brief Encounter" and for those of you that know the original film, you will understand. For those of you that haven't seen the film ........... you won't have a clue what I am on about!

Colin
    Colin

Comment

There's a EOS 1D IV for sale in the EOS classifieds on this site. £ 3,650.00. Seller Darren Holloway.

Comment

I paid more than that, but I did get a very good deal that I am happy with.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Colin - were the shots taken at Swanage?

Brian
          ef-r

Comment

The card options are the same as the 1D MKIII, so unless I have missed something in the manual, no change.
            Colin I've was about to check it again with the compare facility on the canon UK website.
            They have taken the 1dmk3 off the website. Hmmmmmmm !
            Millie

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
              Colin - were the shots taken at Swanage?

Brian
              Hello Brian

Not Swanage, but just a little bit closer to you on the Watercress Line in Hampshre. I think that was at Alresford Station, but I did travel to a few during the day.

Colin
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
                Colin I've was about to check it again with the compare facility on the canon UK website.
                They have taken the 1dmk3 off the website. Hmmmmmmm !
                Millie
                Hi Millie

I can't find a direct comparison either and the EOS mag only quotes CF for the 7D, 5D MKII, 1D MKIII and 1D MKIV.

The MKIII and MKIV both have twin recording media slots, one for CF card and one for SD (or SDHC) card. You can designate them to record on both at the same time, or RAW on one with JPEG on the other, or start recoding on one and move to the other when the first is full.

I am using a 16GB in the CF slot and an 8GB SDHC in the SD slot and both are Sandisc Extreme.

Colin
                Colin

Comment

I can't find a direct comparison either and the EOS mag only quotes CF for the 7D, 5D MKII, 1D MKIII and 1D MKIV.
                  Funny they took the 1dmk3 off the site so quick, they usually have a longer overlap period.
                  Many UK dealers still have new stock of the 'old, outdated 1mk111' to sell LOL

Millie

Comment

Hey, not so much of the old. My "new" back up camera can be very sensitive.

Colin
                    Colin

Comment

Hey, not so much of the old. My "new" back up camera can be very sensitive
                      He he…… I wasn't speaking badly of your BU camera, heavens forbid.

I only meant old as opposed to new, and outdated in the sense that's it's been superseded by a newer model.

What do you say to that ? :tongue:

Millie
                      Last edited by Millie; 21-01-2010, 22:19. Reason: typo

Comment

He he…… I wasn't speaking badly of your BU camera, heavens forbid.

I only meant old as opposed to new, and outdated in the sense that's it's been superseded by a newer model.

What do you say to that ? :tongue:

Millie
                        Is that what Ronnie Woods said to his wife?

ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
                          Is that what Ronnie Woods said to his wife?

And look where it's got him....you'll be able to get more than a few Mk4 bodies with that divorce settlement

Gerry

Comment

LOL, you guys, it's nice to have a laugh, this 'internet photography' can be a little too serious at times !

Just read there is new firmware expected soon for the Mk4.

Millie

Comment

LOL, you guys, it's nice to have a laugh, this 'internet photography' can be a little too serious at times !

Just read there is new firmware expected soon for the Mk4.

Millie
                              I should think so too .................... it's been at least a week since launch!

Colin
                              Colin

Comment

Hi Colin

What problems is the new firmware meant to resolve ?

Is it just a minor fix, to do with a new lens or something trivial like that ?

Millie

Comment

Working...
                                X