West Midlands Local Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West Midlands Local Scene

Hi. I've volunteered to try the local organiser role for the West Mids.
    I hope forum members in the region will be interested in a few get-togethers, so -

Please drop me a message through the forum - using the link in the Local Organisers list is simple. Please include an e-mail address that I can use for you - I'll make up an e-group for sending messages etc but will ensure that your address doesn't go to anyone else.

Please then include any suggestions for good photographic locations that could be used - if you have a favourite and would be happy to act as a "guide" then so much the better. I'll then make some suggestions for a few get-togethers.

Include also your availability - weekends, weekdays or whatever and an idea of your geographical location. I'm over in Solihull - currently sunny and warm. Summer at last.

And, if you look at one of the other postings under the local scene forum it's nice how they have introduced themselves - perhaps we could do the same in this thread?

Cheers, Chris.
    Just chuggin' along.

Re: West Midlands Local Scene

Another Chris here, Wolverhampton, so the opposite end of the county. I'm a busy chap, involved in local theatre and also a motor racing marshal, so availability for meet-ups will always be patchy. Would love to be involved when possible.

Photographic interests: theatre performances, motorsport, city landscapes, travel and people in general - especially of the candid variety which I'm better at than formal portraits.
    Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Well done Chris.

I have a son living in Coventry, so quite easy to get a pass from Mrs C to visit the Midlands.
      Colin

Comment

Hi Chris, I'm in Kidderminster and would be interested.

Work full time and have two young kids, but that doesn't mean I can't get a "pass" for the day !

It would be the first time ever that it's have been out just for photography, and not as part of a family day out!

Comment

I am also in Kidderminster and too would be interested.

Ian
          Ian

Comment

Any more interested people from around the West Mids? Not a huge number as yet - would be fun to arrange a gathering sometime after the heat-wave when we might fell a bit more like venturing outside.....
            Do get in touch.
            Cheers, Chris.
            Just chuggin' along.

Comment

Hello Chris. I'm from Stratford-upon-Avon and might be interested too.

Comment

Hi Chris. I have recently moved up to Stratford-upon-Avon and my photography interests are around motor racing photography, weddings and events and Travel (in particular building architecture).

I would be happy to meet up once you had enough interest

Comment

If anyone fancies trying out their motorsport skills, I shall be at Prescott Hill Climb at the week-end (with flags, whistles and extinguishers rather than camera). Close to the action, no fences, every type of car from Mini to F1-alike, a good competitive meeting with loads of photo opportunities and all for a very reasonable entry fee.
                  Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

Working...
                  X