BWC Meet up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BWC Meet up

Right, apologies for the delay. How does Saturday 6 July sound for a local scene meet up? As suggested we will meet at the BWC. I will confirm time and send map etc out soon. Please drop me an email with your name, forum name and a mobile number, put BWC Forum Visit in the subject please. Send to pdgoodwin(at)btinternet.com

Once I have numbers I will see what deal I can get with a group going in.
    Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Re: BWC Meet up

YOU'RE ALIVE!

That's great news... I'll consult SWMBO and obtain a pass for the day, but I'll defo want to be there for the big meet up! Not been to BWC for a few months now, and there's some newer members it will be great to meet and chat to.

Group rate at BWC starts at 15 people. I'm already a member, so will not count towards that!

Cheers, Mike.
    flickr
    5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Thanks Mike, yes, still alive. Have been finishing off a diploma with University of Manchester, also perusing a new job, along with the normal bedlum of having two teenagers!

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

Well done on your studies, good luck on the new job, and I fully understand about the teenagers. I own 2 of them!
        flickr
        5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

That is the day of the members evening, Dee and i will be visiting my mum in Croydon during the day so wont be there until late afternoon and then we are back again the following Friday for a photo day

Stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

I am also a member and will check with SWMBO for a pass, I had not planned on staying for the members meeting, if I can swing the pass it will be good to meet up with folks.

Comment

and I fully understand about the teenagers. I own 2 of them!
              Wrong Mike .......... they own you!

I would quite like to go to that and would probably bring one other.
              Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                Wrong Mike .......... they own you!
                Colin, you are of course correct... what was I thinking?

Oh, and I have obtained a day release pass from SWMBO, so I have it in the diary. I will not be staying for the member's evening either, as I'm out that night.

Mike
                Last edited by mikep; 18-06-2013, 08:41.
                flickr

Comment

It would be good to meet up with Colin et al, I have now also managed to negotiate the necessary pass and will be bringing Mr Squibb and possibly another. My another could be a controversial one as he uses gear from the Dark side but is a damned good wildlife photographer so I hope an exception would be made

Comment

aha so Chris Packham is coming.
                    Anyway I am looking to apply for a leave pass for the day as well. I suspect it will be granted just to get me out of the way for the day.
                    David

Comment

Originally posted by djguk47 View Post
                      aha so Chris Packham is coming
                      i said a good wildlife photographer

Comment

Peter, thanks for sorting this; I'll be coming along as I haven't been to BWC for years. I'm also particularly looking forward to putting some faces to avatars. I may well have a 'plus one' (my wife hoping for a nice day out as she's never been). I'll confirm details when I'm sure.
                        Cheers.
                        Canon EOS 7D
                        EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                        Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                        flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Right then, by way of a quick update see below list of those who have expressed an interest. If you are on the list and havn't done so already please let me have your email address and mobile number.

To keep things simple I suggest that we each pay our own way in etc. Some are members anyway, also not tied to having to wait to go in as a group then if someone is held up or something.

BWC opens at 10am, so I intend being there for then, or shortley afterwards. My mobile number is 07590275937, so if we are not obvious when you arrive give me a call to find the group.

If you are interested in joining us and havn't put your name down please let me know and come along.

If you havn't been before please see their website here, entry cost, maps and info etc.

Welcome to the British Wildlife CentreWelcome to the British Wildlife CentreThe finest collection of native wildlife in BritainOver forty different species… …from tiny harvest mice to magnificent red deerA REAL natural history experience!TripAdvisor accolades – 10th year! Travellers’ Choice 2023Come and discover Britain’s wonderful wildlife Meet the Animals! Get the most from your visit with […]

Current Interest.

Secondintime +1
                          Woodman
                          colin.smith18
                          PhotoCol
                          Sandra
                          Muscat +1
                          briansquibb
                          AlexR!
                          mikep
                          colin C +1
                          djguk47 +1
                          Stan
                          Last edited by secondintime; 24-06-2013, 14:56.

Comment

Just another nudge. Looking forward to Saturday.

Comment

Well, weather is looking good for tomorrow. Just hope it's not too hot for the animals...... or us

Comment

Working...
                              X