Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fine Art America - Opinions

Hey folks,

I finally found a site where I can place work I think is a little more than just an average pic. A place where that special photoshop or Lightroom edit can have a home.

People can order prints, canvases and cards if they like of your work. I reckon I've put a pretty good profit margin on my stuff because I value it. I have a small collection of work on there, because its what I feel is my best work to date.

Buy wall art from the world's largest community of independent artists and iconic brands. Shop for wall art, home decor, iPhone cases, and more!

Above is my custom URL. It's nasty to look at, and I wish you could use your own URL but for $30 a year its a small negative.

Has anyone had any success on there? and how does my area look? I feel I'm probably drowning in a sea of the same thing, but It's a nice place to direct people if they ask about ordering.

Cheers for looking :)

Paul
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Re: Fine Art America - Opinions

Good luck with that Paul, hope it works for you.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Originally posted by Bill53 View Post
      Good luck with that Paul, hope it works for you.
      Cheers Bill : )I have actually purchased a custom URL for the site. Set it up now.

So while the 'ugly' link above still works, I have set a redirect using a custom URL to point to the FAA site. Makes everything more professioanl looking. New site name is

Bit long winded but getting URLS these days is quite a task lol
      Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
      www.campsie.photography

Comment

Looks really good Paul, good luck with it, can I ask how you came up with the pricing? By that I mean is it completely arbitrary or is there some kind of formula that they set out?

Cheers

Ian
        EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Originally posted by celtex View Post
          Looks really good Paul, good luck with it, can I ask how you came up with the pricing? By that I mean is it completely arbitrary or is there some kind of formula that they set out?

Cheers

Ian
          Hey Ian,

You set the prices, or the profit you want to see, in the settings of each picture, or you can set a global setting that applies to each pic when you upload it. It's actually pretty cool. You can be as cheap or as expensive as you see fit.

When you look at the homepage, there's stuff being sold every minute of the day.

My market is kind of in ties with three pretty good Glasgow photographers, and their work is outstanding. I just need to hope that my own spin on things can shine through, but you feel like your running a little business off it. You get to create email listing for clients, and send out mail shots, you also get a blog, and a news feed for new things to add, which gets put on their homepage everyday.

It's a lot of fun to be honest, and a stretch away from just uploading to flickr and 500px.
          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Thanks for that Paul, looks really fun. Hope you do well with it.

I am not sure if you are aware of Creative Live - I have watched a load of their broadcasts. They are doing one on shooting for microstock which I am definitely going to watch it is broadcast live on Wed 26th, it starts 'live' at about 1 pm our time but they usually rebroadcast on a loop over the next day or so. What I often do is dive in as soon as I can, after work, and pick up the beginning the next day:http://www.creativelive.com/courses/...ck-lesa-snider

Ian
            EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Good show Ian cheers :)
              I don't use microstock as one sale of $0.25 put me off for life on an image a spent about 30 mins setting up.
              Plus iStockphoto and Shutterstock continually refused my images saying they were not worthy.

I'm only on Alamy now. Got 4 sales so far, totaling $100. It's slow but as the months pass I can see my CTR% get higher according to the stats I keep. Coupled with the face that I'm actually paying attention to their picture needs program lol
              Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
              www.campsie.photography

Comment

Paul...just wondering what luck, if any, you're having with FAA...???

Dougie.
                ...there is symmetry in chaos....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mosscroft-images/
                http://500px.com/DouglasMcMann/

Comment

Originally posted by Bloosman View Post
                  Paul...just wondering what luck, if any, you're having with FAA...???

Dougie.
                  I ditched it a long time ago Dougie. I can't seem to go on these sites without every viewpoint in Glasgow been done, overdone and splashed on most of them. Didn't find much success on it. I just use Picfair.com now. Sold loads on there
                  Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                  www.campsie.photography

Comment

Thanks for that Paul...I've played about with FAA for a number of years, off and on, but found it to be more of a "back slapping" site rather than somewhere to sell photographs...
                    ...there is symmetry in chaos....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mosscroft-images/
                    http://500px.com/DouglasMcMann/

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
                      I ditched it a long time ago Dougie. I can't seem to go on these sites without every viewpoint in Glasgow been done, overdone and splashed on most of them. Didn't find much success on it. I just use Picfair.com now. Sold loads on there
                      I looked up Picfair after I read that Paul. I sold my first print yesterday. The first sale is quite nice - it's not the cheap bottle of wine it would buy - it's the feeling that someone actually wants to buy the picture. This is what was purchased

Seven Sisters Sussex Black and White by tonyhawkins600,
                      on Flickr

- Tony
                      - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Well done Tony

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom
                          - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

Excellent news Tony - well done.
                            James
                            James Boardman Woodend
                            www.jameswoodend.com

Comment

Congratulations Tony, encouragement indeed.

Dave
                              Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X