Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yongnuo YN568EX - Which Yongnuo Flash Trigger is the best.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yongnuo YN568EX - Which Yongnuo Flash Trigger is the best.

Hi everyone.

I've bought a Yongnuo YN568EX and have been looking at Flash triggers so I can have off camera flash.

Can someone advise please which is the best Yongnuo trigger to go with it?

I've seen a couple the RF 602 and a RF 603. Which should I plump for?
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Yongnuo YN568EX - Which Yongnuo Flash Trigger is the best.

For me if I had bought the YN568ex flash that supports TTL and high speed sync I would be looking to buy the RF 622 radio triggers which would allow you to make use of the features provided with the flash. I use the RF 603 manual triggers with the much more basic YN flash units but use Pixel King triggers with my ettl Canon flashes, if the RF 622 triggers had been available when I bought the Pixel Kings I would have purchased the Yongnuo units in preference

Comment

I'd have to agree with Ian.

I have a couple of 568EX's, and have the 622C's and they're great. When I bought my triggers they were £50 a pair from Amazon. They are transceivers, which means you can use any trigger as the transmitter, and any as a receiver. Simple to use, and they take AA batteries, which is what the flash uses, so you can standardise on the battery front.

Not had any experience of other flash triggers.

All the best, Mike.
      flickr
      5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

I'd vote for 622Cs as well...

Comment

I should imagine it depends on what you want to do. I have that flash and use 603s with the flash on manual. As has been mentioned, these triggers don't support e-ttl. Even if they are piggy backed on top of the camera, they still only support manual.

As for whether 602 or 603, the only difference here is that the 602s have a dedicated transmitter attached to your camera, whereas the 603s are all transceivers, so you can have any of the units attached to the camera.

If you want the camera to control your exposures, then the 622 are definitely the onesw to go for. The only reason I didn't was price at the time. I bought mine used, 5 for £29 delivered! All boxed and hardly used!

Good luck,

Garry
          Garry Macdonald on Flickr
          Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

I have to agree with the previous posts, it depends on what you're after.

For a single off-camera flash, an E-TTL lead may be a better bet. Yongnuo do one which can be had from eBay for around £15. You'll get full off-camera flash control within a meter or so of the camera, and no set-up or faffing! A lead is the way I go for a quick and simple session.

The YN-622C's are great radio triggers which can utilise the advanced features of the YN568 and are a sound investment over the cheaper manual triggers, but they really come into their own with multi-flash set-ups.

Do you have a camera which can optically trigger the YN568? If so, then that's (almost) as good as the YN622C radio system with the added bonus of a second fill-light on camera.
            Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Thanks everybody for the help. I didn't even spot the YN-622C's

Steve - I don't think the 500D as the optical trigger. But I keep saving and hoping so you never know the next one might. Also I never thought about a lead... Might have a look and see about getting one of them first to see how I go.
              Di's Flickr

Comment

Sent for a lead.

Going to Waddington at the weekend, so might be a while before I get to play, but no doubt you'll see the results here - unless they're total rubbish
                Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
                  Sent for a lead.

Going to Waddington at the weekend, so might be a while before I get to play, but no doubt you'll see the results here - unless they're total rubbish
                  I dont believe it..a touch of Victor Meldrew...pull youre finger out woman, I know you will deliver the results!

Comment

Good choice!

When using the lead, think about the camera as well as the flash, it's all too easy to get wonky pictures when holding the camera one handed with the flash in the other hand ;-)

Also play around with zoom-settings on the flash (switch to manual zoom control), as you're guessing which direction you're pointing it, it can be worthwhile setting a wider zoom that the actual lens to give you a little leeway is misalignment until you're comfortable with the off-camera flash technique.

Once you're comfortable with holding the flash in one hand, you can then zoom-in more than your lens focal length and use the flash like a spotlight, in fact the creative options are almost infinite :-)
                    Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Originally posted by S_J_P View Post
                      Also play around with zoom-settings on the flash (switch to manual zoom control), as you're guessing which direction you're pointing it, it can be worthwhile setting a wider zoom that the actual lens to give you a little leeway is misalignment until you're comfortable with the off-camera flash technique.

Once you're comfortable with holding the flash in one hand, you can then zoom-in more than your lens focal length and use the flash like a spotlight, in fact the creative options are almost infinite :-)
                      Now there's a great tip! Thanks for that Steve

Comment

Originally posted by S_J_P View Post
                        Good choice!

When using the lead, think about the camera as well as the flash, it's all too easy to get wonky pictures when holding the camera one handed with the flash in the other hand ;-)

Do you mean - If I'm shooting at 50mm I set the flash to 24 28 or 35 to start with and then go to 70 and 105 as I get used to it, or should the numbers be the other way around.

Or am I totally wrong, and you're currently sat laughing at the screen.
                        Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
                          Do you mean - If I'm shooting at 50mm I set the flash to 24 28 or 35 to start with and then go to 70 and 105 as I get used to it
                          This is how I read it!

Comment

Working...
                          X