3x Panos! - Table Mountain, Cape Town & Camps Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3x Panos! - Table Mountain, Cape Town & Camps Bay

These reduced links really don't do these shots any favours!

The 'real' ones are c. 15x the size of these, and the Table Mountain pano is 48" x 12" and framed on my office wall!

Each are 8 or 9 shots in portrait orientation, stiched and edited in PS...

1. Table Mountain

Shot from Signal Hill, from the left, you see; Devil's Peak, Table Mountain, The Twelve Apostles and Lion's Head...

2. Camps Bay

This is The Twelve Apostles working their way down Cape Point overlooking Camps Bay...

3. Cape Town Waterfront...

Is where it all happens; with the glorious backdrop of Table Mountain dominating the scene...

As always; hope you enjoy...
    Last edited by Canon-Fodder!; 25-01-2010, 15:28. Reason: Moved links...
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Re: 3x Panos! - Table Mountain, Cape Town & Camps Bay

Those are excellect pictures.

Now I wonder how feasible it would be a do something like that for, say, a broom, taking macro pictures of the handle and stitching them together??
    ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
      Now I wonder how feasible it would be a do something like that for, say, a broom, taking macro pictures of the handle and stitching them together??
      Thanks Brian...

I have to admit, I'm at a loss to see why you'd want to do so, but I guess there's no fundamental reason why you couldn't do it !

You'd need to be extremely accurate using a Macro lens! They are VERY sensitive to changes in focal points, and depth-of-field. For something like a broom, I think you'd almost have to set the camera up on a track of some sort!

But I'd be interested to see a result!
      I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
      Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

I have been thinking for some time about mounting my camera on my lathe which gives very accurate tracking in two dimensions. I was thinking about shooting tethered as it will be difficult to look through the viewfinder
        ef-r

Comment

Nice set, I've never been to South Africa, looks good !

Are the blues a slightly oversaturated in the final picture ?

If anyone ever takes that broom picture, I might buy it to show my hubby, he doesn't know what a broom looks like .

Millie

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post

If anyone ever takes that broom picture, I might buy it to show my hubby, he doesn't know what a broom looks like .

Millie
            I thought you had a broom and a black cat like Harry Potter
            Last edited by briansquibb; 20-02-2010, 10:42.
            ef-r

Comment

I remember them very well. The scenic beauty of the country is stunning and it is a pity about some of the areas like J-burg.

I am adding one of mine to the table top mountain collection!

350d 1/125sec f8 EF75mm-300mm USM ii 200 ISO

Straight from camera without any enhancements
              Last edited by Nathaniel; 20-02-2010, 12:02.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Working...
              X