Infrared focus assist with ST-e2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infrared focus assist with ST-e2?

Hello there - Does anyone have any experience of using the ST-e2 transmitter for aiding focus in low light conditions? I've seen the article in EOS magazine Jan-Mar 2009 page 27 and this mentions the word 'discrete' in connection with the ST-e2. Does this mean because of the size of the unit on the camera, or the light show it produces?! The picture of the girl in the article with a red grid covering her is not what I would call discrete. I use a 6D, usually with a 24-70mm f2.8L for concert and performance photography. I would be mortified if this focus aid was distracting to the performer - even if they are already bathed in ever changing multi coloured lights. I have customised all the settings I can to improve the way the 6D focusses but the ratio of sharp shots is still lower than I would like. Does anyone have experience of what the light emitted is like - also do I need to set specific settings on the camera and the unit to achieve what I want? Clues for the clueless, please!
Working...
X