Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS 3 Firmware

Hello!

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get an EOS 3 upgraded to the 1.7 firmware version? I read about this last firmware here:

http://emedia.leeward.hawaii.edu/frary/canon_eos3.htm
    Tap tap tap...

Re: EOS 3 Firmware

I still have an Eos 3, and in contrast to the one reviewed, mine ate batteries throughout its film life. Two weeks or less, being common, even if I wasn't using it, and had "turned off". During the warranty period, Canon UK dismissed my complaints. After I went digital in about 2003, and could afford the time, I then had my Eos 3 repaired at my expense, and it was a different camera - no battery problems. If you know how I can check which Firmware is installed, I'll check whether the firmware was updated during the repair, but bear in mind that the repair was several years ago.

(I now have several Super Teles if that's of any use in checking what firmware is installed.)
    M Stewart
    Milton Keynes, UK

Comment

It seems the only way to check is look and see if you have a 'custom function 19.' This was added as part of the latest firmware upgrade. Mine is just a little flaky in low light, and I read that the latest firmware improved this.
      In the meantime I contacted two of the authorised Canon repairers. The general response was:, 'the camera is not supported anymore, so no firmare updates are available.'
      Tap tap tap...

Comment

I've now checked my Eos 3, and the highest CFn is 17. So, it would appear that the firmware wasn't upgraded when I had it repaired.
        M Stewart
        Milton Keynes, UK

Comment

Working...
        X