Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canon EOS 450d

Robert ..

the person that started this thread died a few months ago and was a very good friend to many here, plus a strong supporter of the forum. Its not nice to see old postings being commented on that he started. We are not asking you to remove anything just lock threads that were started by Nathaniel
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
      Robert ..

the person that started this thread died a few months ago and was a very good friend to many here, plus a strong supporter of the forum. Its not nice to see old postings being commented on that he started. We are not asking you to remove anything just lock threads that were started by Nathaniel
      I fully support on this, just blocking on the comment section but not removing it.
      Raj
      Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger View Post
        Robert ..

Sorry - was I expected to understand all this from your previous comment? If you had explained your thoughts initially, it would have saved me the time I spent researching and posting on Rolfsted's comment.

With regard to your request, are you aware of the number of threads started by Nathanial? No, neither am I, but I know it is a lot. I have no idea how to find them, other than checking individually the nearly 16,500 posts from Nathaniel.

In any case, why do you think Nathaniel would have wanted all his threads to be closed. I would have thought that he would be pleased that threads he started were still active. But the truth is that neither of us knows.
        Robert
        robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post
          Sorry - was I expected to understand all this from your previous comment? If you had explained your thoughts initially, it would have saved me the time I spent researching and posting on Rolfsted's comment.

With regard to your request, are you aware of the number of threads started by Nathanial? No, neither am I, but I know it is a lot. I have no idea how to find them, other than checking individually the nearly 16,500 posts from Nathaniel.

In any case, why do you think Nathaniel would have wanted all his threads to be closed. I would have thought that he would be pleased that threads he started were still active. But the truth is that neither of us knows.
          Robert, I am sorry it was me who suggested, just felt a lump in my throat when I saw his name. Never met him personally but has left lots of memory and scar in my heart and it was a reflux comment. I take your point, he may be happy to see his thread are still alive.
          Raj
          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Scott View Post

What previous comment ? I said first

so sad to see this pop up...
            then Raj posted

Can the admin put a block on comments to stop this happening?
            Raj
            to which agreed, then further clarified the situation

Robert ..

I really don't see how it could be any clearer to you..

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

[QUOTE=Tigger;419872
              I really don't see how it could be any clearer to you..[/QUOTE]

Anyone who looks at the thread will see that you only clarified the situation AFTER I had made my post. Please stop trying to justify yourself.
              Robert
              robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

Robert

my posting was there if you had read it it was very clear... but its a pointless discussion

Comment

most of the regular posters on here liked nat ,some of us had the pleasure of knowing him personally as well .unfortunately in this instance I have to side with Robert ,I don't think that removing or blocking nat posts will help in any way ,in fact its a memorial to him really and to the rest of us that are fast approaching end of days .
                  we all eventually pass on and I wouldn't like to think that when I do my memories thoughts and photos will be removed because of it .think rather that the internet and forums carry forward your lifeline ad-infinitum .

Comment

I think we should focus on the positive.....that Nat's significant contribution lives on and still has value here. I also respect the feelings it evokes with those who knew him personally rather than those of us who are moved having only known him via this virtual environment. When this happens lets focus on the positive memory without dismissing the loss.
                    I don't think anything needs to be done here unless any additions to any of Nat's threads brings them into disrepute.
                    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Agreed, as would be any thread, and Robert moderates on those fairly, I miss Nat too, but please do not make his threads some sort of untouchable icon to the guy, he would have been the last person to want that.
                      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
                      X