Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the purpose or use of 'Calendar' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the purpose or use of 'Calendar' ?

Foolishly I thought it might be a handy-dandy place for users to add events-listings that might be of interest !

Sadly, when I tried to do so, I got;

Canon-Fodder!, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Mods ????
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Re: What is the purpose or use of 'Calendar' ?

Originally posted by Canon-Fodder! View Post
    Foolishly I thought it might be a handy-dandy place for users to add events-listings that might be of interest !

Sadly, when I tried to do so, I got;

Canon-Fodder!, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1.Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2.If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Mods ????
    I have got this message previously. Sometimes because I had not logged on, and sometimes for unknown reasons. I approached Andrew Gibson at that time and then after 24 hours, everything was OK.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

It seems to be a calendar were the only the admins add dates of interest.

You'll get an error message if you try to add an event, or you try to view event without being logged in, sorry lurkers

If you look at March 7-10 the focus on imaging NEC is listed. Anyone going ?

Millie

Comment

Originally posted by Millie View Post
        If you look at March 7-10 the focus on imaging NEC is listed. Anyone going ?
        Certainly NOT ! Have you seen the main web page? It's full of ads for Nokin; not a single Canon image !

Actually... can't make it...

On a serious note...

It seems to be a calendar were the only the admins add dates of interest.
        Perhaps the Mods might consider opening it up for a free-for-all & just see what gets posted! If it goes OTT, they can always close it down again! I'm sure that we all have a wealth of knowledge about events that others may not know about, and might just be of interest! No?
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Birmingham’s too far north for me, I’m not a big fan of travelling any significant distance.

They should hold it in London, not BRUM !

Millie

Comment

Birmingham’s too far north for me, I’m not a big fan of travelling any significant distance.

They should hold it in London, not BRUM !

Millie
            London? Nah, they should try Edinburgh or Glasgow or Dundee or Aberdeen
            Bob Turner
            Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

London is too far north for me
              ef-r

Comment

Edinburgh or Glasgow or Dundee or Aberdeen
                Ah the frozen north !
                We had some of your dodgy weather down here a few weeks ago Bob brrrrrrrrrrrr.
                Nice for the first few hours then it became a bit of a nusiance, lovely scenery though.

Brian what about sunny Chatham, jewel of the Medway :tongue:

Only joking all I know about BRUM is spaghetti junction ,the bull ring centre, and Kevin Turvey.
                Being serious, I'm sure it's a lovely place.

Millie

Comment

I vote for Penzance ;-)
                  Sometimes I drink water. I like to give my liver an occasional surprise!

Comment

I vote for Dorchester - I lived there as a kid
                    ef-r

Comment

BARBADOS - Robert Scott could provide a 99% subsidy for all active forum members - yes?
                      Bob Turner
                      Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

BARBADOS - Prince Harry's there, being heroic on the polo field.

Comment

Originally posted by Bawbee View Post
                          BARBADOS - Robert Scott could provide a 99% subsidy for all active forum members - yes?
                          Seconded :-)

Comment

This is a good idea. I've just opened up the calendar so anyone can post events to it.
                            Andrew
                            www.eos-magazine.com

Comment

Working...
                            X