Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pixma Pro 9000 MkII (Driving me to Drink)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pixma Pro 9000 MkII (Driving me to Drink)

Hi All
    Please, Please can someone help, I have a Mac system with two calibrated monitors and a new, well three weeks old canon printer as above.

Having used HP and Canon printers before I like to think that I am "Printer Savvy" however I just cant seem to tame this beast, colour matching is Mad. I have tried printing from photoshop, lightroom, DPP and the software that came with the printer to no avail. Over the period I have had the printer most inks are 3/4 to 1/2 empty except the green and red which are as new.

Would you say that the printer is faulty, or is it me being stupid, as usual.

Please if any one has this printer can you give me some advice, guidance as I don't know wherere to start or what symptoms to quote.

Thank in advance Tony

Re: Pixma Pro 9000 MkII (Driving me to Drink)

Hi Tony,

Sorry but I can't help you directly but point you to two threads where similar problems were encountered:

To all forum users We’re very sorry to have to inform you that we are no longer able to continue running the AP forums. AP has launched a new and improved website that offers a better layout, and enhanced functionality. However, the technology behind the platform we are using is, unfortunately, incompatible with the forum. […]

To all forum users We’re very sorry to have to inform you that we are no longer able to continue running the AP forums. AP has launched a new and improved website that offers a better layout, and enhanced functionality. However, the technology behind the platform we are using is, unfortunately, incompatible with the forum. […]

I hope these assist with your problem.
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Hi Bob thanks for that, the second link was interesting regarding profiles.

However, I have solved my problem and hopefully someone may benefit from my experience.

I deleted the printer driver that canon supplied from their web site support for snow leopard, and just plugged the printer in to my mac and the printer was installed automatically.

It seems that the driver from the web does not function correctly ...... or maybe it was me after all time will tell or if there is someone out there who knows better please let me know

Regards Tony

Comment

Well, I am now really disappointed with this printer, Colour cast and inconsistent colour printing seem to be the order of the day, I would love to speak with someone who has this printer, just to see if my particular printer may be faulty as I cant believe that it can be so bad.

I really would appreciate it if any owners out there could contact me.

Thanks Tony

Comment

Hi Tony,

A colleague at work has the 9500 I think, but he too is having a lot of bother with the colours and how pigment inks look when printed. He is putting it down to the fact he needs to learn more about how pigment ink printing works with different paper types but basically he is really not liking it at all at the moment. I'll have a chat with him on Monday.

Dan
          “Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.” John Ruskin

Comment

Do you have costom profiles fgor the paper/printer you use or are you using generic ones?

What's your settings and do you have ICF switched off? If not Ps & your printer could be trying to amend the output causing issues.
            5DIII, 5DII with Grips| 24-70 f2.8L MkII | 24-105 f4L IS | 70-200 f2.8L IS MkII | 50 f/1.4 | 85 f1.8 | 100 f2.8 | 1.4x MkII | Tamron 17-35 f2.8-4 | 580EX II | 600EX RT | Stofen Diffuser | Manfroto 190 CF Tripod w/490RC2 | Epson R3000 | Lexmark CS 510 DE | Nova 5 AW | Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro x300AW | Lastolite Gear (inc HiLite 6x7) | Elinchrom Studio Gear & Quadras

Comment

Hi all,

Just a final post on this saga, It would seem that the "PM" cartridge was faulty/Blocked.

My thinking and fault finding flow started with the fact that the printer would not print consistent colour even direct from the camera, therefore discounting colour management/computer issues. I then tried printing to non photographic (Plain) paper and the colours were correct.

My thinking from there was that the Photo Special cartridges were not being used for plain paper printing, and so I switched them one by one for new ones, and hey presto when I switched out the PM cartridge, everything was fantastic.

I am a happy bunny, although the amount of photo paper wasted does not bare thinking about, and of course the cost of two sets of cartridges.

But all is well that ends well. Thank for your assistance folks, Maybe my fault finding thoughts may be of use to someone in the future.

Thanks again Regards Tony

Comment

Working...
              X