Laugavegur Trail, Iceland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Laugavegur Trail, Iceland

Beautiful shots. Really like how the colour stands out.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

Thanks Di. Yes the green on dark brown (sometimes black) ground really stands out, even in the dullest of conditions.

Scott
      Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Awesome, Scott
        Now on my ever expanding list of must do!
        All of them are beautifully composed/cropped...whatever. Even without the tripod, great shots but I think you already know that leaving it behind was a bad move. Mine goes everywhere with me, even though its big.
        Can't wait for your return visit
        Andy

Comment

Thanks Andy.

Re the tripod - I know, I know, I know. The problem is packing for a holiday split between hiking where you just can't take luxuries because you are carrying sleeping bag/food for 6 days etc etc and then the other half where you can have luxuries but don't have any weight allowance left.

Next time I'll just have to leave something else behind.

Scott
          Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Wow! what a stunning set Scott, really hard to pick a favourite. Would love to go there one day

Chris
            EOS 7D, EOS 600D, EFS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II , EFS 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 L IS, EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS USM

Comment

A great set Scott, all good but the last one is a stunner.

Regards Paul

Comment

Great set of photographs. As for a tripod - that's what a 5DMkiii is for: much better high ISO performance!!! Besides which my other half would never tolerate me stopping to set up and compose a photograph using a tripod!!!

Best

Richard
                Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

Thanks Chris, Paul and Richard.

That's an interesting observation Richard and one that I have wondered about myself since our return from this trip. Although I mentioned the fact we had ... shall we say ... challenging weather on our trip, I think deep down I have a preference for the more moody looking landscapes anyway and so noise handling ability is a real issue for me as I can see myself shooting at higher than optimal ISO settings for much of my shots. Your point about set up time is also valid - on this hike the days were not that long (16km max between huts) but because of the wind and rain it wasn't great for sitting around while I unpacked a tripod, set it up and waited for "the shot".

Tempting though it is to trade-up to the 5DMKiii now, I am also aware of what may be coming on Canon's roadmap. i.e. is there a MKiii replacement coming along in 2014. Or do we have another couple of years to wait, in which case the upgrade now would make more sense. Always a tricky one to gauge but I can imagine the answer is the same as for F1 tyre choice : you should always be on the correct tyre/body for the conditions. Better start saving ... again

Thanks again
                  Scott
                  Scott

500px flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X