EOS magazine advert
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New by needing some advise on shooting mode underwater,, first SLR Canon EOS 550D

Default Re: New by needing some advise on shooting mode underwater,, first SLR Canon EOS 550D

Thanks Lunarbo,

Yes, learn in British waters and plenty of shark dives under the belt and a fair bit of knowledge on shark behaviour. After this its just the Great White outside the cage and im happy ;)

The chap i bought the camera from suggested manual, he is a professional and has given me lots of advise and been brilliant, but its a lot to take in if your new to it all and i didnt want to keep pestering him asking stupid questions, hence i came on here. Also i find discussing with with peeps helps me learn, its thought prevoking and helps piece it together rather than just reading a book, so thanks to everyone for their input...its been a great help.

I tried some shots of my dog in the house yesterday with the curtains drawn and the flash off, with 1600 on the ISO, F8 and 1/100 they came out bright and lovely. I also tried the same dog in sport mode and they were good too, the readings were ISO1600-3200 with F5.6.

I have taken some of my dogs running full speed at me in sequence in sport mode in the woods and she's real quick and they came out great, no blur and caught her in mid flight, how do i post them on here?

So in summary having had different bits of advice on and off the forum i am looking at -
    AV mode
    Jpeg
    ISO auto first dive and adjust from there (if i was going to estimate i'd go with 800 as a starting point)
    WB - Cloudy
    F8
    1/200 for slow moving sharks to avoid blur, go higher if needed.

How does that look as a starting point guys?

Member*

Default Re: New by needing some advise on shooting mode underwater,, first SLR Canon EOS 550D

Just reading your post - wonder if you ever got any pics of your dive?
    I use a Canon S100 with housing and it's great down to about 20m,s and excellent video too, and less cumbersome than an slr, but I am sure without such professional results!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12