Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 19 worst mistakes a photographer can make

Originally posted by SamFisher View Post
    Then find that you can't get the bl**dy thing open as the packaging has been welded together!!!
    This happened to me a good few years when I first got my 5D2. Off I went with a new charged up battery, came out of Jessops with a shiny new camera, slipped in said battery only to find that I couldn't get the CF Card packaging opened

Mike
    Haha. Yep! Fortunately I noticed this when I got to the car in PC World car park lol. I went straight back in and asked em to get me some scissors :) Don't you just hate those sealed plastic packages. And for a card the size of a thumbnail!
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
      24. Leaving the tripod attachment in the house after you've taken it off the camera and left it on the bedside table. You then rush out, take the tripod out of the boot and then *FACEPALM* drive all the way back home again.
      Why would you ever take it off? Why not leave it on permanently? It doesn't get in the way of anything. Alternatively be sensible and move up to an "L" bracket!

Comment

Alternatively be sensible and move up to an "L" bracket!
        only the large "L" lens have their own tripod collar and even then you still need an attachment to put it on a tripod

Stan
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Sarawak View Post
          Why would you ever take it off? Why not leave it on permanently? It doesn't get in the way of anything. Alternatively be sensible and move up to an "L" bracket!
          My camera sits on the couch beside me at home all the time on the arm of the chair. The bracket scores the leather, and my GF gives me evil stares if I leave it on. No worries anyway. Buying a sturdy tripod and Lowepro bag :)
          Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
          www.campsie.photography

Comment

Yes leaving a QR attachment at home attached to another lens, I must have done that at least once. But back in the film days taking a number of stunning photographs of something rare only to discover I hadn't loaded any film. I was having senior moments a long time ago.

Comment

My camera sits on the couch beside me at home all the time on the arm of the chair. The bracket scores the leather, and my GF gives me evil stares if I leave it on. No worries anyway. Buying a sturdy tripod and Lowepro bag :)
              Paul

Where does your G/F sit??? Or is it a threesome?

Richard
              Richard Anderson Photography at www.raphoto.me

Comment

I have a QR plate on all my camera bodies. Saves searching high and low for them or forgetting them altogether.
                Especially when swapping gear from bag to bag
                I bought a couple off ebay for £11
                Mike
                Last edited by SamFisher; 19-09-2013, 13:35.
                www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

I'm confused why you'd leave your camera on the arm of the chair. Mine stays in its bag, ready to travel.
                  I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by NickM View Post
                    I'm confused why you'd leave your camera on the arm of the chair. Mine stays in its bag, ready to travel.
                    It's simple really. I just want to keep it there.

See example 555600_10151908983253708_48401613_n.jpg
                    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                    www.campsie.photography

Comment

I used to leave my camera on my desk next to my pc, but I found it's amazing how much dust it attracted even after just a day. That's why it stays in a bag now.
                      I can imagine how often you find cat hairs on your screen, on the lens, on the body, on the missus..... :)
                      I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by NickM View Post
                        I used to leave my camera on my desk next to my pc, but I found it's amazing how much dust it attracted even after just a day. That's why it stays in a bag now.
                        I can imagine how often you find cat hairs on your screen, on the lens, on the body, on the missus..... :)
                        On the missues yes, she's forever hugging the wee guys. That one in the pic, tends to poke his face inside the lens hood if I'm up at the window. The lens hasn't been off the camera in the three weeks I've had it lol Lowepro 440 something or other is on order.
                        Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
                        www.campsie.photography

Comment

I've got the lowepro 300 aw ... tons of room in it ..
                          [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

25. Take your camera anywhere near a playground.
                            Unless you are bullet-resistant to glares. Miranda Kerr could safely get nekkid in a public playground, safe in the knowledge she wouldn't be photographed.
                            Last edited by NickM; 19-09-2013, 16:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarawak View Post
                              I have to take mine off to fix a Black Rapid Camera Strap.....one of the disadvantages!
                              Thinking of changing it for a 'Carry Speed' Strap
                              Phil ....... Flickr

Comment

It's simple really. I just want to keep it there.
                                What a splendid kitten you have Paul. Black and White just like your 7D and 70-200.

Comment

Working...
                                X